A little something to offend everyone

Status
Not open for further replies.

DRIVEN

Geezer
Apr 25, 2009
*CENSORED*
One other thing. I had originally planned to get this car done for the Portland swap meet in April. I'm still working that timeline but it won't be making that trip. From a logistical standpoint it just isn't feasible. I'm coordinating a ride with my buddy Jerod and his son along with a small trailer full of stuff. The wagon would really add to the complication since there's a 95% chance it wouldn't sell there. It's primarily old guys looking for 20s-60s American iron. Not really the target audience.

DRIVEN

Geezer
Apr 25, 2009
*CENSORED*
Honestly, I can't believe how many come-backs this house has had. But that's a different rant for a different thread.

Reactions: 1 user

fleming442

Captain Tenneal
Dec 26, 2013
Honestly, I can't believe how many come-backs this house has had. But that's a different rant for a different thread.
There's no pride in workmanship anymore. It's "get in, get out, get paid, and hope no one complains".

• Agree
Reactions: 3 users

DRIVEN

Geezer
Apr 25, 2009
*CENSORED*
Actually it's probably been a 50/50 between workmanship and materials failure.
No complaints about installs but one water heater failed. Furnace quit randomly, then started working again. Two blades fell off the ceiling fan on the deck. Garage door opener is in error mode because it doesn't recognize the trip sensors even though they check out ok. Water pressure booster pump occasionally/randomly cycles more often than it should. I don't blame the installers for that stuff.
On the other hand, the painters were slobs. Insulation guys were a little stingy the first go around. The deck and rail needed to be reworked. The drywall guys had to redo the arches several times. The carpet installers could have done a better job. The cabinet installer made no attempt to square or space the doors. And the still ongoing front door situation.
Dammit, I said the rant goes in another thread!

Reactions: 1 users

DRIVEN

Geezer
Apr 25, 2009
*CENSORED*
Got the engine all resealed and freshly painted.

In case you were curious what my super custom Quad4-to-Nissan transmission adapter looks like...

Still having a hard time getting excited about cleaning up the engine compartment.

• Winner
Reactions: 4 users

DRIVEN

Geezer
Apr 25, 2009
*CENSORED*
Yeah, the 2.3s had a couple log style intakes. IIRC one or two were cast and one was a tubular style, all were aluminum. The 2.4s had this plastic octopus. GM carried this design over to the Ecotec.

• Informative
Reactions: 1 user

1evilregal

Comic Book Super Hero
Apr 23, 2009
Greensboro, NC
when you started the cleanup on this, I kinda wondered why, but when I decided yesterday that the explorer will soon be finding a new home (after the 5th idiot pulled out in front of me within the last 3 weeks.... I feel like I'm a moving target) , I spent today at the junkyard and back at the shop replacing/repairing/painting/cleaning things that I've been putting off for the last year.......now I figure that if I don't get what I'm looking for out of it, next time a brainless broad in a BMW paying too much attention to her GPS than the road, I won't exercise the horn and ABS at the same time.....

I really dig that little wagon, and wish I had the cash to take it off your hands.

Reactions: 2 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor