A little something to offend everyone

Status
Not open for further replies.

DRIVEN

Geezer
Apr 25, 2009
*CENSORED*
Got the new antenna installed and the gate trimmed out. I played with the letter locations a bit but think I've settled on this. The letter set is for the front of a Roadster. Might not be obvious to the untrained eye but there used to be lights on either side of the license plate that have been deleted too.

I also removed the battery tray. Managed to butcher the inner fender pretty good. Nothing a hammer and welder can't fix. No pics yet.

Reactions: 4 users

DRIVEN

Geezer
Apr 25, 2009
*CENSORED*
Well, here's the ugly.

That's looking from the inside of the wheelwell just behind where the bumper bolts on.

It was completely hidden under the undercoat and I had no idea it was there. I probed all around and this is the only spot on the entire car. So I've got some cut N weld to do.

Near as I can tell, battery acid leaked behind the lower battery tray support (scredriver) and got past the pinchweld at the rail. Then it just rotted behind the undercoat. Anyway, the engine bay is still super ugly but mostly stripped. I got the engine harness separated from the car but still need to wrap the body harness and free up the brake lines.

Reactions: 4 users

Rktpwrd

Builder of Cool Shjt
Supporting Member
Feb 2, 2015
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Coming along nicely!
👍🏻

• Agree
Reactions: 2 users

DRIVEN

Geezer
Apr 25, 2009
*CENSORED*
Worked on it a couple hours today. First thing I did was hang the letters. After that I moved on to the rear bumper. So if you go back over previous pics you might notice that the are below the rear hatch was spray bombed with what looks to be dark gray or black primer. At some point the back of the car was bumped in the back and the roll pan is slightly deformed. For some stupid reason someone buried it under black primer even though no body work was ever done. It even got sprayed around the corners behind the bumper ends. Stupid.
So I took some water and a scotchbrite pad and took off most of it on the lower quarters. Then I used the rattle can I had mixed up to paint the roll pan. Repainted that splash apron that tucks into the bumper too. Then installed the bumper.

I left what was in the rear hatch jamb for the next guy.

Most of what I did isn't even visible unless you bend down. But I know it's better.

Then I started on the repair. I probably took out more than necessary but I'm thinking it might be easier with big squarish patches. Guess I'll find out later.

Reactions: 3 users

DRIVEN

Geezer
Apr 25, 2009
*CENSORED*
Weird, didn't embed the photos for some reason. Try again...
20190318_131436.jpg
20190318_131456.jpg
20190318_144043.jpg
20190318_131443.jpg
20190318_150245.jpg
20190318_160726.jpg

20190318_152508.jpg
20190318_152521.jpg
20190318_153553.jpg
20190318_160601.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users

DRIVEN

Geezer
Apr 25, 2009
*CENSORED*
My phone died so I had to get creative. Went over about noon today and sheeted it up to keep some of the dust off of it. Then it was time for work.

I can't stress enough how much I've been dreading this task. Nothing about it is enjoyable to me. Nothing.

I stripped the brake and clutch master and a couple small items off the firewall. Then I sanded down a portion of the lower valance and some of the inner fenders. After that, I started slinging mud, sand, mud, repeat.

It was just after this that my phone really started acting up.

When the shift was over it didn't look much different but I'd glazed the valance and primed it along with glazing the inner fenders. By that time I was just over it. Went home and pulled weeds.

Not sure when I'll get back over there but I have very little time in the next few weeks. At this rate summer will be over before it's ready for the market. I'd love to find the ******* who spray bombed under the hood and kick them square in the yam bag.

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor