A little something to offend everyone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jims442

Greasemonkey
Dec 2, 2019
Connecticut
Thanks for sharing. That was a great story. I had a 1978 B210 wagon with a 5 speed 280Z motor in the early 80's . That was a fun car.

Reactions: 1 user

DRIVEN

Geezer
Apr 25, 2009
*CENSORED*
Alright, this thing is just about wrapped up. I got the coolant reservoir and new hose installed. Also put the horns in.

I'm kind of down to the nit picky details now. The horns have never worked and I figured out that it was just the horn button bottoming out before making contact. A little spacer and some epoxy should solve it. Also, I don't remember the high beams ever working. I traced that down to a finicky relay. I popped the cover off and cleaned the contacts. It actuates but only actually works if I apply some sideways pressure. Haven't decided if I'm going to mess with it much more.

Tomorrow I plan to finish my kick panels and replace the speedo drive seals. Then it's time to clean it for glamour shots and get it listed.

Reactions: 6 users
Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
Thanks for sharing. That was a great story. I had a 1978 B210 wagon with a 5 speed 280Z motor in the early 80's . That was a fun car.
Not quite as good as our Datsun wagon with the 4cyl 3 spd manual🤣. I bet that car was pretty quick.

Reactions: 1 user

DRIVEN

Geezer
Apr 25, 2009
*CENSORED*
It looks like I've got all the little tasks crossed off the punch list now. I played with the relay some more and finally found the bad contact spot and remedied that. Since my headlights were finally working right, I was able to get the high beam indicator wired in.

I also figured out a horn button spacer so it doesn't bottom out and epoxied it all together. I'll let it cure overnight.

Started on the kick panels yesterday so I could get them painted and let them dry. Got them installed today. For some reason the installed photo came out gray but they're actually flat black.

Maybe I mentioned in a previous post that the car managed to get a light overspray on the top surfaces. You couldn't see anything but you could sure feel it. I was going to buff it out again but my brother suggested trying a clay bar. It worked great and didn't splatter compound all over everything. Only took a few minutes too.

The final thing I did was replace the O-ring and seal on my speedo drive. Also found the the unused reverse light switch was leaking so I sealed it up too, then topped off the transmission oil.

Hopefully tomorrow it'll be sunny and I'll go take some pics and get it listed.

Reactions: 6 users

1evilregal

Comic Book Super Hero
Apr 23, 2009
Greensboro, NC
car really came out nice. I fell in love with this thing from post #1, and hate to see it go. wish I had the $ to make a good offer/place to actually put it/way to get out and drive it home/permission from the wife/etc,etc...,

be sure to post a link once you post it up!

• Agree
Reactions: 2 users

DRIVEN

Geezer
Apr 25, 2009
*CENSORED*
Will do. It's not a fire (Covid) sale so if it sells, cool. If not, I'll just drive it a little.

Eye on the prize...
20181008_140028.jpg

• Agree
Reactions: 10 users

axisg

Comic Book Super Hero
Jul 17, 2007
YYZ
I am sure your favorite part of the car will be the For Sale sign :)

Reactions: 1 users

1evilregal

Comic Book Super Hero
Apr 23, 2009
Greensboro, NC
hope it goes to a great home, car came out great. think the GP will be getting the same transformation soon....

Reactions: 2 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor