South Central Pa
With caps, it’s classy!

Reactions: 2 users

DRIVEN

Geezer
Apr 25, 2009
*CENSORED*
I do every time I drive it.

If you noticed that the rocker trim was missing in those last 2 pics, good eye. I had used some glass glazing tape to attach those but the ends were working loose so I pulled them before I lost them. When I went to my brother's shop last week he gave me some 3M tape made for that sort of thing. I reattached them and added a countersunk screw to each end for good measure.

I also decided to go ahead and install the caps. I made a notch in each one opposite of the drain hole so I'd be able to get the pry end of the lug wrench underneath. Put a little piece of electrical tape in the corresponding wheel spot too. Last thing I did was bend the tabs in just a but so the caps would actually pop on and off.

Gave the lug wrench and spare tire tool a fresh coat of paint.

Once I had it all back together I took it for a 20 mile loop and snapped a few more pics. Ran fine, as usual. It was less echoey but didn't seem to make the windows rattle any less.
You wouldn't know it from the photos but it's 95* out there.

I think I like it better with the caps when the rocker trim is in place but I like the bare wheels without rocker trim. I'm almost ready to accept sealed bids from you guys. Just a couple more loose ends.

Reactions: 3 users

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
I do every time I drive it.

If you noticed that the rocker trim was missing in those last 2 pics, good eye. I had used some glass glazing tape to attach those but the ends were working loose so I pulled them before I lost them. When I went to my brother's shop last week he gave me some 3M tape made for that sort of thing. I reattached them and added a countersunk screw to each end for good measure.

I also decided to go ahead and install the caps. I made a notch in each one opposite of the drain hole so I'd be able to get the pry end of the lug wrench underneath. Put a little piece of electrical tape in the corresponding wheel spot too. Last thing I did was bend the tabs in just a but so the caps would actually pop on and off.

Gave the lug wrench and spare tire tool a fresh coat of paint.

Once I had it all back together I took it for a 20 mile loop and snapped a few more pics. Ran fine, as usual. It was less echoey but didn't seem to make the windows rattle any less.
You wouldn't know it from the photos but it's 95* out there.

I think I like it better with the caps when the rocker trim is in place but I like the bare wheels without rocker trim. I'm almost ready to accept sealed bids from you guys. Just a couple more loose ends.
GLWTS. I love your work but a Datsun is not my cup of tea. I didn't buy Hafrod's Regal. That was hard.

Reactions: 1 users

DRIVEN

Geezer
Apr 25, 2009
*CENSORED*
Oh, I get that. Me and this car have a weird relationship. I've wanted one since I was 16 and my parents had the twin to it when I was 5 or 6. I've always liked it but never loved it. It's been really handy and we've had some adventures but I'm pretty over it. Rather have the cash than the car. Same with the Smell Camino but it's technically my wife's and she won't let it go yet. Keeping or selling either won't change my life a bunch either way. I'd just rather focus my attention on other things.

Reactions: 3 users

DRIVEN

Geezer
Apr 25, 2009
*CENSORED*
Werd. Any cruise-ins you know of where I can power park with a For Sale sign?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor