A little something to offend everyone

Status
Not open for further replies.

DRIVEN

Geezer
Apr 25, 2009
*CENSORED*
Just ordered some parts and talked to my painter. Look for some pre-sale activity in the coming weeks.

DRIVEN

Geezer
Apr 25, 2009
*CENSORED*
Yeah. I've decided I'd rather use the space and money to get my '35 pickup on the road. Spring is coming and I'm hoping to have it ready for the Portland swap meet in April. Plan to take the b*st*rd Scrambler there too. I'm at 7 cars and 4 motorcycles right now. It's ridiculous...I'm ridiculous.

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
7 cars and 4 bikes. I'm 'jealous'.

DRIVEN

Geezer
Apr 25, 2009
*CENSORED*
Don't be. I'm not bragging. More like an addict's confession. Now watch how I justify my bad behavior...
-The '35 is my first car. Not going anywhere.
-Cutlass isn't either.
-Indian is a long time shortlist vehicle. It's safe.
-TWs are for mountain fun with friends.
-Wife's car gets a pass for obvious reasons.
-As does daughter's car.
-My lame little Vibe is an indentured servant. I'll retire it when it's paid me [email protected]/mile.
-El Camino is really my wife's car. She's driven it exactly 1 time in 20 years. I'd ditch it if I could.
-510 hasn't really been driven much in the last 2 years. I like it but don't love or need it. The market is hot and I'm cashing out.
-The Scrambler was more fun to build than ride. It was never intended to be a keeper.

Reactions: 1 users

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
I totally get it. I want a lot of vehicles but don't have the time/place, hence the 'jealous' but still I love machines, hence the jealous.

• Agree

ssn696

Living in the Past
Supporting Member
Jul 19, 2009
Permanent Temporary
Don't be. I'm not bragging. More like an addict's confession.
I know this problem. I just made an offer on a friend's 91 4WD crew cab single wheel squarebody. Like I need another truck...with a 454ci fuel pump. :roll:

CaliWagon83

Royal Smart Person
Nov 12, 2017
Orange County, CA
I don’t really have a choice. I have a small 2-car garage and a NIMBY HOA that has strict rules about all visible cars being driveable. If it were up to me, I’d have a big country home with a 10-car garage, a 4-post lift, and a man cave next to my collection where I could retreat to when the other half starts nagging. :LOL:

KCP

Master Mechanic
Oct 11, 2018
Bavaria, Germany
I love that little wagon. Really thinking out of the box with this engine.
Reminds me when we used to build Opel Kadett Coupes (the platform the Chevette is based on) with 2.4 CIH engines for autocross. We even put the straight six CIH engines in these things. Up to 4 litres displacement and now way to get that much power on the ground with no weight in the back.

Internet pic, but you get the idea:

erb.jpg

• In Love
  • Winner
Reactions: 4 users

DRIVEN

Geezer
Apr 25, 2009
*CENSORED*
Got it off the dollies and out of the garage. Gave it a pretty thorough wash included the wheel wells, all the drains, and door jambs. Got lots of dirt out of it.

After I was done I jumped it and drove it over to my dad's shop. I'll get started tomorrow.

I think I might have referenced this last year in the Prison Planet thread. I had a hot/cold hose bib installed right next to the garage. I'm sooo glad I did. If you ever have the opportunity, I highly recommend it. I'm talking to you, Turbolq4.

Reactions: 6 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor