a loose rocker arm

Status
Not open for further replies.

midwestls

Royal Smart Person
Aug 15, 2007
Bismarck North Dakota
alright, so I got 1 rocker arm that will not stay tight. I can snug it down (with the valves closed of course), and it's fine for about 2 minutes of running then gradually it starts ticking louder and louder. I've tried it twice so far and it keeps doing it. The pushrod is not bent, I checked that. Is this common? Am I supposed to tighten it running? Its the forward valve on #3. Also another thing. When I let it run for a little bit and it builds up some heat, after I shut it off it starts to make a creak/ticking noise that sounds like its comeing from the cam. Ideas? I can't let it run for more then a couple minutes at a time yet cause I don't have my radiator yet.

dan2286

Royal Smart Person
Mar 25, 2008
Cleveland, Ohio
Is it a Chevy or Olds engine? Olds is not adjustable, but Chevy is. It alsmost sounds like a bad lifter, if it uses hydraulic lifters. Also I am pretty sure you needto adjust them while running.

midwestls

Royal Smart Person
Aug 15, 2007
Bismarck North Dakota
it's just an early 70's 350 chevy 4 bolt. Factory hydralic's (I believe). I've never had it open yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor