DSC01694.jpg

DSC01696.jpg

DSC01697.jpg

DSC01698.jpg

DSC01699.jpg

DSC01700.jpg

DSC01702.jpg

DSC01707.jpg

A volvo 240 sedan pulled out of a parking garage with out looking I did not have a chance hit the brakes and skidded for two feet before T boning the volvo

85CutlassSalonRyder

Greasemonkey
Jun 4, 2011
Dallas,Texas
She definatly can be resuscitated! There is still hope! Tighten up soldier! Straighten that frame out and hit "WWW" for parts! "NO G-BODY LEFT BEHIND!"

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
That sucks but don't let the insurance company tell you it's totalled. I can help you out with the insurance if they play games with you. Your just down the road from me and I crew on a car we race at Delaware so I'm in your area Friday nites

GP403

Administrator
Site Admin
Feb 25, 2005
Rolla, MO
Damn, man. Is it salvageable or did it screw up the frame? Probably don't know yet.

I found this picture interesting:

DSC01699.jpg

Looks like those little pieces do more than just stiffen up the ride, looks like it creates a bit of a "crumple zone" as well. Not good for the car, (like getting hit at all is).. but probably good for you.

Blazenlotus

G-Body Guru
Mar 4, 2010
Stockton, MO
Damn man that sucks. Time to start on some body work and get her back on the road.

84cutlassjuggalo

G-Body Guru
Jun 25, 2010
Morell PEI Canada
They come into our country and consume out gas and this is how they treat us?! Damn them to hell damn you sweeeeeeds! WE CAN REBUILD HIM AND MAKE HIM BETTER. HE SHALL BE THE SIX THOUSAND DOLLAR CALABO. but sad to see.

buickestate

Greasemonkey
Nov 21, 2006
London Ontario
it's not been 12 hours yet, but keep in mind that this Caballero is number 124 of the 124 Caballeros sold new in Canada in 82, Caballeros were not sold here after 82, so this makes this one the Last GMC Caballero sold new in Canada.....

supkylesup

Master Mechanic
Mar 7, 2010
Toledo, OH
Damn man that suck. But keep your head high.
I wrecked my cutlass about 7 months ago till I finally for a parts car and the money to fix her.
Just recently got it back on the road and let me tell you what a great feeling it is to take something in that shape and make it new again granted I don't have alot of money but every cent I had went into getting it back on the road.
Don't scrap it just think of it as a whole new project.

Good luck

buickestate

Greasemonkey
Nov 21, 2006
London Ontario
GP403 said:
Damn, man. Is it salvageable or did it screw up the frame? Probably don't know yet.

I found this picture interesting:

DSC01699.jpg

Looks like those little pieces do more than just stiffen up the ride, looks like it creates a bit of a "crumple zone" as well. Not good for the car, (like getting hit at all is).. but probably good for you.

Keep in mind I was traveling at 50kmph when I hit that 85 volvo 240, one of the strongest cars built in the day, it's worse off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor