A Very Sad Day.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

956Neto

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Apr 30, 2013
Weslaco TX
Dam sorry to hear that, but i also agree that u shouldnt spent your cash on a 307. Been thru that with the 307s and trust me those engines r good, very durable. I would run mine with no oil that suka would not give up and never gave up even thru all the hell i gave it and many overheatings i gave it. But depends what u want, if u just want a cruiser, go for a 307..... if u want power then go for a 350. dont know how hard it is to find a 350 rocket over there but here where im from those engines r very rare. Good luck on that!!

WyoKid

Greasemonkey
Jan 24, 2013
im going to take in everything into consideration , but i also found a True H/O Hurst 307 Guaranteed 270 hp. and 310 lb. torque--- for $1900 fully dressed crate-just bolt in.

Also found a 350 Rocket Guaranteed 310hp. and 370 lb. torque- for $2200 fully dressed crate-just bolt in...

im torn what to do because im currently at collage and money is thin... the hurst 307 is sounding pretty good but i have always wanted a 350 rocket

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
WyoKid said:
im going to take in everything into consideration , but i also found a True H/O Hurst 307 Guaranteed 270 hp. and 310 lb. torque--- for $1900 fully dressed crate-just bolt in.

Also found a 350 Rocket Guaranteed 310hp. and 370 lb. torque- for $2200 fully dressed crate-just bolt in...

im torn what to do because im currently at collage and money is thin... the hurst 307 is sounding pretty good but i have always wanted a 350 rocket

If the ratings on these engines are real I would say save up the extra $300 that will be one of the cheapest 40 hp and 60 ft lb. of torque you can buy.
And as a bonus you won't have a 307.

Kwik_Cutty88

Royal Smart Person
Nov 22, 2011
Coastal North Carolina
Yeah I wouldn't screw with a 307 unless youbare trying to keep the car dead stock. And I can see where everybody is coming from about putting and olds motor in it, but the bottom line is you do what uou wanna do, and what's best for you. Weather that be an SBC or an Olds or rebuilding the worn out 307, it's all about what route you wanna go.

DoubleV

Royal Smart Person
Feb 25, 2011
Medina Ohio
WyoKid said:

There is NO way you can get a fully dressed Olds crate motor for that price. No way in the world. If an Olds engine is built CORRECTLY with decent parts, you won't even find a short block for that price. Those HP numbers are total BS too. No way you get 270 HP out of a 307 unless you do 'some work' to it. Work costs money. You could have almost $1900 in just the heads alone! Stay far away from whatever place is advertising this BS.

There are plenty of good running Olds 350's out there. Just find one and drop that sucker right in.

-83MONTESS-

Comic Book Super Hero
Nov 4, 2010
Bellevue, Ohio
Wont your sponsors cover it?

pencero

Royal Smart Person
Feb 20, 2008
Ind.
I'm confused :?: :!: its very simple. Either cut corners and spend pennies on a 307 thats headed to the junkyard and just lower it in there, or like Double V said 'do it the right way or dont do it at all' w the 350 but first you have to take honest inventory. If you don't have thousands to spend forget it then. You will just feel sorry when the car is still sitting gathering dust/ in pieces bc of an unexpected accessory you can't afford. There will definitely be an acessory broken somewhere @ that $1900 price on an olds 350 is what Im trying to agree w/ too by the way. You would do better to buy a $100 piece of rusty sh*t 350 thats in pieces and plan on entirely rebuilding the whole thing correctly from ground up than have to take somebody else's $1900 set of random mistakes entirely apart AND then have to put it all back together again(twice as much work, duh)

BillsHoe

Apprentice
Aug 28, 2011
Zoo York
The sponsor thing you have going ain't no help? This is where you need it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor