A Very Sad Day.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

81Regal

Royal Smart Person
Apr 5, 2009
Terril Iowa
X2 $300 is not bad with a warranty, delivered also. I guess it depends where you live before cash4clunkers I could find olds engines all day, now I might find a dozen a year.

WyoKid

Greasemonkey
Jan 24, 2013
i think im going with the motor i found ... im restoring this car back to original...My cutlass is going to be a cruiser not racecar. Looking for the right regal for that.

the original motor will go in the car eventually

jae

Master Mechanic
Oct 11, 2006
I agree, $330 for a delivered warrantied motor isn't bad. But you said your dad was working on your car & you're a few states away at school. A few issues with this is:

1. You have to get the engine home
2. Will you have enough time to get the engine in the car, start it to make sure it runs & nothing is too wrong with it
3. IF there is something wrong, what do you do then, who comes to pick it up / deliver it back to the shop
4. How long is the warranty, 30...60...90 days
5. IF you do anything to it, like change the gaskets and you find the motor really is trashed, will they claim you damaged it / voided the warranty? I mean, clean gaskets on a mucked-up engine stick out like a sore thumb

As DV said about staying away from Precision, I can say stay / run away from Jasper, their engines :puke: . Had the misfortune of getting one of their engines, had to replace that with another one and it still wasn't 100%

pencero

Royal Smart Person
Feb 20, 2008
Ind.
Sounds like he has it all figured out just dont 'freight' that engine without checking the price FIRST or friends + a pickup truck would obviously be the cheaper choice!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor