A Very Sad Day.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

WyoKid

Greasemonkey
Jan 24, 2013
my sponsor is the reason i can get a fully decked 307 or 350 rocket crate motor for those prices.--- i got just under 75% off . but i still need that money

DoubleV

Royal Smart Person
Feb 25, 2011
Medina Ohio
WyoKid said:
my sponsor is the reason i can get a fully decked 307 or 350 rocket crate motor for those prices.--- i got just under 75% off . but i still need that money

If the place where you read about these Olds 'crate motors' is the place I'm thinking of, you would be wise to stay away. If you have thousands of dollars in sponser money and want to buy a nice engine, then have an engine built to your specs by an actual Olds engine builder with a good reputation.

WyoKid

Greasemonkey
Jan 24, 2013
No im talking about Percision Engines, my custom quote for what i want would be that price.. if you find the site that cost will be for there standard crate motors. im still looking for a quality motor, im just checking my options... who makes the best qualitiy crate motor for my car?(has to be a Oldsmobile Motor)

shanghaismith

Greasemonkey
Mar 5, 2010
Macon, GA

DoubleV

Royal Smart Person
Feb 25, 2011
Medina Ohio
WyoKid said:
No im talking about Percision Engines, my custom quote for what i want would be that price.. if you find the site that cost will be for there standard crate motors. im still looking for a quality motor, im just checking my options... who makes the best qualitiy crate motor for my car?(has to be a Oldsmobile Motor)

Yeah, Percision Engines. I wouldn't trust them.

MY definition of a 'crate motor' was always a long block ( or fully dressed motor ) that is already built to a certain spec and sitting there waiting to be purchased. So who makes a quality Olds crate motor? No one. Who custom builds Olds engines to your specs? There are a few. I would start with BTR Performance. Just avoid Rocket Racing.

DRIVEN

Geezer
Apr 25, 2009
*CENSORED*
WyoKid said:
--- never done a engine swap or rebuild, whats all involved.
WyoKid said:
im torn what to do because im currently at collage and money is thin...
WyoKid said:
i got just under 75% off . but i still need that money
WyoKid said:
im still looking for a quality motor

So, it sounds like you don't really have the experience or the money to do it right. How bad is your engine really hurt? If there's no valve damage you may be able to just do a cam/lifter/pushrod/spring upgrade with the engine in the car and be back on the road for a few hundred bucks and a weekend's worth of work.

WyoKid

Greasemonkey
Jan 24, 2013
the motors beyond repair apparently now ... i talked to my dad last night and he said he thought he fixed everything by replaceing cam lifters and remaining rods... any way it supossedly spit every single thing through the oil pan....i have no idea what he did because im states away.

Now i realy need a motor..... if you guys recomend me to stay away from Percision..then i will ...Where can i get a cheap motor... i dont even care what it is at this point... its too depressing not haveing my car and one moment im told its fixed then it's in pieces all over the drive way

DoubleV

Royal Smart Person
Feb 25, 2011
Medina Ohio
Just look on Craigslist or post in the Wanted section here.

DRIVEN

Geezer
Apr 25, 2009
*CENSORED*
WyoKid said:
the motors beyond repair apparently now ... i talked to my dad last night and he said he thought he fixed everything by replaceing cam lifters and remaining rods... any way it supossedly spit every single thing through the oil pan....i have no idea what he did because im states away.
Maybe you should ask your dad to stop "helping" you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor