About The "How-To's / Knowledge Base" Forum

GP403

Administrator
Site Admin
Feb 25, 2005
Rolla, MO
The original intent of this forum section was to create a collection of "how-to" documents and more or less static types of knowledge. We've kind of just looked the other way for a long time and its become kind of a hodge-podge of other stuff. What I intend to do is move the general Q&A type of threads into the other forums (where they probably should have gone to begin with) and retain the instructional type of threads. Once that's more or less complete we'll see about creating a "Resources" section wher ewe can move those in to, and get rid of this section altogether.

TL;DR - Please keep the posts in this section to stuff like step-by-step instructions, as complete and thorough and easy to understand as possible. Much appreciated.

Reactions: 2 users

GP403

Administrator
Site Admin
Feb 25, 2005
Rolla, MO
MODERATORS: I think I've turned off the ability for anyone but myself to approve threads posted to this forum. I'm trying to keep this curated and moving posts to other sections unless they are high quality, step by step, instructional, etc. Somebody asking a random question needs to go in another section specific to the question...

Doug Chahoy

Comic Book Super Hero
Nov 21, 2016
Why isn’t my thread showing up in the HOW TO section? I need to KNOW HOW TO safely change my gauge circuit board. The 1st post I tried didn’t show up, I thought I may have made a mistake. So I redid it and made sure I did it right, and it still didn’t show up. If this isn’t the correct heading to list my question under I’m sorry, but I’m looking for knowledge. Almost DAILY things for sale/wanted appear in the main theeads without being blocked instead of where they belong. Which is mostly ignored.

GP403

Administrator
Site Admin
Feb 25, 2005
Rolla, MO
because, this section is supposed to be a curation collection of detailed step-by-step type of "how-to" documents and reference ("knowledge base") material. Most of the material in here was moved here from other parts of the forum. It's not a general "how do I do X?" type deal, that's what the rest of the site is for. Eventually I want to phase this section out and use the "Resources" part of the site, but that's going to take time.

Every new thread in this section gets put into moderation so I can see if it is in fact something that should be archived, or just a question that needs to go elsewhere.

The original intent of this forum section was to create a collection of "how-to" documents and more or less static types of knowledge. We've kind of just looked the other way for a long time and its become kind of a hodge-podge of other stuff. What I intend to do is move the general Q&A type of threads into the other forums (where they probably should have gone to begin with) and retain the instructional type of threads. Once that's more or less complete we'll see about creating a "Resources" section wher ewe can move those in to, and get rid of this section altogether.

TL;DR - Please keep the posts in this section to stuff like step-by-step instructions, as complete and thorough and easy to understand as possible. Much appreciated.

Reactions: 1 users

GP403

Administrator
Site Admin
Feb 25, 2005
Rolla, MO
For example, I just put your post into "Electrical" and approved it there. If somebody posts a reply like "here's all the things you need to do along with detailed instructiions, pictures, etc." reply then I will gladly move it back in here.

Reactions: 1 user

Doug Chahoy

Comic Book Super Hero
Nov 21, 2016
Thanx for putting my thread it belongs. Now how come so many for sale/wanted post make it into the main threads? I feel that they should be. I know myself if I’m not looking for or selling something, I usually don’t scroll that far down. But yet I may have something someone is looking for.

GP403

Administrator
Site Admin
Feb 25, 2005
Rolla, MO
Thanx for putting my thread it belongs. Now how come so many for sale/wanted post make it into the main threads? I feel that they should be. I know myself if I’m not looking for or selling something, I usually don’t scroll that far down. But yet I may have something someone is looking for.
yes, those should be put in the right place, and you can let me and the other mods know by using the 'report post' button and tell us why. Then we'll move it where it belongs. That goes for any thread or post that is in the wrong place. Just let us know that way and we'll take care of it.

Reactions: 1 users

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor