Apexweights

Greasemonkey
Mar 26, 2015
image.jpeg

Dinosport

G-Body Guru
Jul 20, 2015
Ct
Nice car. I had one like that a long time ago. Mine wasnt a 442 though. I might still have pics of it. If I can find them ill try to post them.
Your car probably has the 8.5 rear which is awsome. If it hasnt been tampered with it may have 342's. I have an 87 or 88 cutlass rear in my car but its a 7.5 with 308's. Not sure if the 8.5 came with 308's. This is all assuming it hasnt been tampered with.

Apexweights

Greasemonkey
Mar 26, 2015
Unfortunately it came with a 7" axle and originally a 307 because it is a 1983 hurst olds. I am switching the rear end to a 9" rear end and I'm going to put limited slip 373 gearing in it.

Dinosport

G-Body Guru
Jul 20, 2015
Ct
Nice. I cant wait to get my swap under way. Im definitely going with the lsbracket.com brackets. I just need to give them a call because I want to keep the AC in the car. So I need the relocation kit for the AC and to make sure it will all work together.
Thanks for all the info

Apexweights

Greasemonkey
Mar 26, 2015
Actually the a/c "should" be fine I believe. Unless you want matching brackets though. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Dinosport

G-Body Guru
Jul 20, 2015
Ct
I Live in CT. The AC typically come on the bottom pass side of the engine and it doesnt fit unless you notch the frame. Or get the relocation kit to move the ac compressor up top.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor