Accelerator Cable Issue.....help

Status
Not open for further replies.

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
A chevy won't fit right out of the box. Would have to modify something else to fit. I'd rather just get another bushing.
Thanks I ordered the ILT kit. I looked at the pioneer part on RA and the grommet is in the picture but i guess i got the last one...they're out of stock now...haha...$11 dollars for none of their hassles is fine with me
No guarantees the ILT kit will work. As I said, not sure if it would work. But that's the only Olds bushing that would make sense to fit on the pin. The OD of the bushing would be the concern. If it does work, that would be an awesome discovery because the parts book does not list the bushing by itself. Just the cable and the retainer.

Onehit

Greasemonkey
Mar 5, 2013
Old Bridge, New Jersey
No guarantees the ILT kit will work. As I said, not sure if it would work. But that's the only Olds bushing that would make sense to fit on the pin. The OD of the bushing would be the concern. If it does work, that would be an awesome discovery because the parts book does not list the bushing by itself. Just the cable and the retainer.

I'll let you know as soon as its in. It gives me something to work with and basically still got it for free

Onehit

Greasemonkey
Mar 5, 2013
Old Bridge, New Jersey
Got the parts from ILT today. The grommet and plastic bushing fit perfectly but I couldn't use the washer or spring clip. I used the washer clip.

20190926_173158.jpg
20190926_174322.jpg
20190926_174347.jpg
20190926_174537.jpg
20190926_174807.jpg

Reactions: 1 users

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
Good deal, but I guess it was really designed for the washer clips...that E clip should work, but I wonder if it would scrape the bushing? Maybe- maybe not.

Again, if you happen to see some...I advise getting the "correct" washer clip.

CopperNick

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Feb 20, 2018
Canada
Two other options are possible. If you have the raw materials, ie brass bar stock and a lathe, you can machine one to fit that loop and solve your problem that way or measure for it and have a buddy with a lathe whittle you one for some liquid compensation. Alternatively, hit the nearest Pick a Part and see if they have a car that still has that grommet attached to the cable. Carbs tend to get grabbed but the throttle cables etc., no so much.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor