Accessory Drive Clearance Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
Has anyone used the LS accessory setup from a C5 or early C6 Corvette? The PS pump is mounted a bit higher and has a reservoir that is separate from the pump that sits inboard of the alternator. I still have to find my “right El Camino, for a 5.3 swap and have watched several Youtube Vids, to answer the same question the OP has. Haven’t found the Vid that really warms my heart on this question.
Yes, in a second gen F body. I don't think I've seen it used in the G Body but would probably be my first choice...
Camaro engine bay 3-14-2014 7.JPG

Reactions: 1 user

84delta

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Dec 12, 2021
All of the truck accessories including the high mount alternator fit a G body no problem if you use Holley motor mounts and oil pan. The low mount AC compressor will not fit but Holley make some really nice cast aluminum brackets for a passenger side AC compressor location. Much better than the dirty d*ldo brackets which are poorly made with bolt together plates.
I second this my 80 malibu is all truck everything. Clearance between the pump pulley and box is damn close but fits.

64nailhead

Goat Herder
Dec 1, 2014
Upstate NY
I second this my 80 malibu is all truck everything. Clearance between the pump pulley and box is damn close but fits.
I agree as well. There are different brands of motor mounts that place the engine correctly. I used AllStar Performance mounts and I clear the steer gear by a 1/2 or so. It clears by enough for me to easily remove and reinstall the belt.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor