Adjustable Upper Rear Control Arms

Status
Not open for further replies.

gnvair

Royal Smart Person
Sep 1, 2018
Southern New Jersey near Philly
Have your rims and tires Road Force checked with a Road Force balancer.
Just because your driveshaft shows no signs of missing weights does not mean it is not out of balance. A lot of G body shafts were marginal at best. They were acceptable with the non over drive transmissions, but a lot of vibration complaints showed up with the advent of of over drive transmissions. Is the vibration a new problem of something that just recently showed up?

Reactions: 1 user

ed1948

Royal Smart Person
Aug 6, 2016
Quinte West, Ontario
I've owned it for over three years, now at 90K miles, and it's always had vibration.

gnvair

Royal Smart Person
Sep 1, 2018
Southern New Jersey near Philly
Ok, I stand by my previous comments. Find a shop with a Road Force balancer and have all 4 wheels and tires Road Force checked. If they are ok then find a drive shaft shop and have the driveshaft balanced.

• Agree

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
I've owned it for over three years, now at 90K miles, and it's always had vibration.

have you raised the rear end off the ground and used axle stands under the rear axle and brought the car up to speed where the viaration occurs to see if you can see anything that is causing the vibration?

GuysMonteSS

Royal Smart Person
May 21, 2011
Kentville,Nova Scotia,Canada
I sure would like to see you find out what is causing this vibration.
Mine never had any issues,even with the 450 HP LS-6 BBC and the stock driveshaft when I first bought it.
It still even had the original U Joints ...
Guy

ed1948

Royal Smart Person
Aug 6, 2016
Quinte West, Ontario
have you raised the rear end off the ground and used axle stands under the rear axle and brought the car up to speed where the viaration occurs to see if you can see anything that is causing the vibration?
I attempted that by videoing the rear tires while sitting inside. I'll need to repeat that test with someone else operating the throttle.

Reactions: 1 users

Rt Jam

G-Body Guru
Mar 30, 2020
Ontario Canada
Good to see you checked for tire run out. It is often overlooked and ignored after it passes balancing.

The driveshaft and drums can be checked by holding the rear of the car up on axle stands under the axle housing. Remove the rear wheels and find open center wheel nuts to hold the drums on, make sure the nuts do not stop from a stud shoulder. Then spin it up to speed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor