Aftermarket heaters

Status
Not open for further replies.

-83MONTESS-

Comic Book Super Hero
Nov 4, 2010
Bellevue, Ohio
For those of you not using the stock heaters in your car what are you using? I have been looking off and on for a small under dash unit for the aerocoupe for the sole purpose of defrosting my windows on the occasional mornings/nights I need it. No vent or floor, just defrost.

I have found plenty of heaters on sites like Summit but it seems like they all require coolant from the engine. I really don't want to run the hoses this would require for a few different reasons. Anyone know of an electric heater I could wire in? I see electric heaters that seemingly fit the bill on ebay but I'd rather hear from people who have done it before I buy something. Thanks

GuysMonteSS

Royal Smart Person
May 21, 2011
Kentville,Nova Scotia,Canada
I cant help you with an electric heater but I did use one of these a few years ago;
https://www.summitracing.com/int/parts/vta-506101/overview/
Heres how it looks like with the hoses in place;
DSC_0438 (2016_04_18 13_36_38 UTC).JPG

The heater tucks up nicely under the dash and it does have floor and dash vents.
Guy

Turbolq4

Royal Smart Person
Sep 25, 2017
Nampa Idaho
Mine uses coolant. Will produce loads of heat but sucks for humidity in the car as it just reuses the same air over and over.

bob64

G-Body Guru
Mar 30, 2017
Niagara Falls, Canada
Go to a truck stop, look at the 12V heaters, they should have afew different types l've seen from 75W to 1000W and different shapes an sizes. Should be easy enough to hook into your defrost vent.

-83MONTESS-

Comic Book Super Hero
Nov 4, 2010
Bellevue, Ohio

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
300 watts isn't much heat. Hope your door seals are tight!!

That and your alternator had better be up to the challenge! That is going to draw almost 30A on full blast.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor