Aftermarket Radiator/Core Support Top Plate

Status
Not open for further replies.

87_Gbodies

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Feb 17, 2012
So Cal
I thought I'd post this in case anyone is considering buying one of these.
  • The hole spacing is very tight so you may want to drill them out a bit to give you a little room to play with.
  • The hole for the cushion that mounts against the radiator is a bit off.
  • And most importantly, I had to trim the recessed area where the hood spring passes to rest on the core support.
I had originally thought removing 1/4" would do it but actually ended up removing about 3/8". Luckily I'm going to paint the core support and top plate to match the car so I wasn't too upset about having to cut into it.

IMG_20200613_150646158.jpg
IMG_20200613_150719285.jpg
IMG_20200613_151602177.jpg

Reactions: 1 user

timo22

G-Body Guru
Sep 10, 2012
St. Louis,Mo
Whether going with a mechanical or electric fan, I’ve always just used the Cutlass V8 top plate. Bolts right on and looks factory. Where did that one come from?

Reactions: 1 user

roger1

G-Body Guru
Aug 23, 2010
San Angelo, TX
Whether going with a mechanical or electric fan, I’ve always just used the Cutlass V8 top plate. Bolts right on and looks factory. Where did that one come from?
Are you asking me or the OP?
I got mine from Mike's Montes

81msw79

Master Mechanic
May 5, 2013
roselle park , nj
i am with timo22. i always run the olds style. i have one on a 4 core champion radiator. besides triming the rubber bushings still fits super awsom and i cleaned up the treads on core support to run button head allens.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor