Aftermarket Rear Frame Rails

Status
Not open for further replies.

n8dogg

Apprentice
Apr 2, 2009
Winnipeg, Canada
should also note how we did it for anyone who was wondering.
1 Took off bumper
2 Measured and cut off old frame rails.
3 fit new rails in place and bolted back into mount location.
4. Welded it all up.

pretty simple. We did have to cut off the dual exaust near the end but I was getting new tips anyways so it worked out fine.

Makes a big difference in time not having to cut and weld in the new mount positions.

leftrightother

Apprentice
Mar 14, 2009
Canada
mwynette said:
I am a licensed autobody technician with extensive rust repair experience living here in Cambridge, Ontario. I have a small shop in my garage where I can perform the installation of his kits.

I wish you were a little closer to me. I am about 2 - 3 hours east of you in Oshawa.

leftrightother

Apprentice
Mar 14, 2009
Canada
Oh and I have Conrads kit and it is really good. I just wish he would spray the inside of the tubes with some weldable primer to prevent rust while the part is waiting to be installed.

craig manthie

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Mar 27, 2009
Wahpeton , ND
frame

ya i know what you are talking about i live in ND. when i bought the car i thought the bumper braket on the passenger side had broke un till i got the car in the air i saw the body mount had pulled through and the frame is so rusted in one spot well it's not in to pieces yet but if i don't find a replacment piece it will be.

G-Body_Vet

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 15, 2010
I know this thread is old but I was curious about this.

Anyone care to share what Conrad charges for his kit + shipping to the U.S? That's if he's still into this anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor