Aftermarket shifter knob.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Waldo617

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Dec 9, 2013
So I want to get rid of my skull shifter knob and get something more vintage.
I have a 1985 Olds 442 with bucket seats and floor shifter. The skull is held on by 1 set screw. I understand that the factory shift knob was held on with a small metal retaining clip.

I would appreciate it if people could post pictures and info on any aftermarket shifter knobs installed in their cars including part numbers.

I want to use a shifter that either uses the factory clip or uses a set screw. I do not want to have to modify my shift lever.

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan

tc1959

Comic Book Super Hero
Dec 23, 2009
Surprise AZ.
I picked up a nice leather wrapped one out of a wrecked Cadillac Allante. Fit right on my El Camino floor shifter with the stock retaining clip.

Attachments

• 002-9.jpg
    002-9.jpg
    71.2 KB · Views: 474

Waldo617

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Dec 9, 2013
I don't like any of the factory G body shift knobs. Maybe I'll try finding a GM knob that I like. I'll have to check out the Allante knobs

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor