AHH!!OVERHEATING!!! PICS!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

80ELCAMINOFLAKE

Comic Book Super Hero
Sep 2, 2010
California So Cal
tc1959 said:
Hope you didn't melt your valve stem seals.

Me either...im just going to drive home and park...back to the drawing board!! how would i know?

GhettoRacingKid

G-Body Guru
Jul 15, 2010
When i was talking to him the car was still hot enough to run it and it should have opened.

Ive never used the sensor for the fans but cant you just wire it quickly to run the whole time? Atleast then you can get home.

80ELCAMINOFLAKE

Comic Book Super Hero
Sep 2, 2010
California So Cal
Ok guys i made it home... What a relief!! It actually ran good.. Stayed at 190 like i was telling u... The highest it went was 220 then back down to 190 as i drove... But still running rich... After the new holley carb, i adjusted it at 1000rpm at idle, but dont remember what rpms are at drive... Seems to be burning too much gas, will adjust that tomorrow...

Rich: texted me and told me to remove the wire going to the sensor and ground it, i turned the key and the fans came on.. Which was a good sign of it being connected correctly.. I didnt leave it like that since i knew it was night time and the engine would stay cold with the freeway air.. He mentioned a switch to turn on the fans like at stop lights or when it would hit 220 or 230 to stay fresh... So it could be a bad sensor not telling the fans to turn on????

Im more confortable with a Switch it dosent bother me or should i get another sensor?

When i got home i grounded the fans turned the car on at 230 And within like 2-3 min with the car and fans on it dropped below the 190 mark!!!! So these fans are a big must!! I need them to work!! Thanks guys

80ELCAMINOFLAKE

Comic Book Super Hero
Sep 2, 2010
California So Cal
Update:

On thanksgiving day only one autozone one napa one oriellys open :wtf:

Any ways!! So good news it was the sensor!! Dayum sensors!! I found one at oriellys and its a 220 turn on and off at 190 temp sensor, that was the lowest i could find, we literally sat there and went through books and books to find this sensor the lowest.. I figured i give it try....

Sure enough i came home, installed it, ran the malibu, and i had a strong feeling that it was going to work.. And BAYUMMMMM!!! It took maybe a good 5-10mins for it to reach the 190 mark... And right when it hit 220 the fans turned on, and dropped my needle down to 190 within 3-5 mins with them in and at idle.. So im pretty happy..im going to let it koo down and start again.. Just to make sure.. But so far so good!! Thanks to everyone :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor