Air Conditioning Condensor

Status
Not open for further replies.

jerrycad472

Master Mechanic
Nov 11, 2006
Detroit, MI
Hey guys need some help. The connections to the Air Conditioning Condensor on my car are on the driver side. The condensor is out of my parts car Monte which was an 86 with a 305. The LS1 is going to have the Compressor mounted on the passenger side. I have heard that some of the G-bodys had the Condensor fittings on the passenger side. Any of you Buick, Olds or Pontiac guys know which side your Condensor fittings are on? I need to find the right Model, Year and Engine option to look for in a donor vehicle. Thanks!

megaladon6

Comic Book Super Hero
May 29, 2006
Danbury, CT
look at late 80's-early 90's camaro's. or you can go to aeroquip and have lines made.

Sep 1, 2006
Tampa Bay Area
My 231 V6 1985 Cutlass had them on the passenger's side. I used the Condenser out of a 1984 G code Z-28 and it has them on the same side, but they are a little lower than the G car IIRC. TPI cars also used this location. Some 305 cars used the passenger's side, some the driver's side-depending on year and model. Also, there are different accumulators with different fittings depending on the model. Some have the low side fitting on the accumulator, some on the line. Also, the high side fitting can be in different places too, depending on configuration of the model in question. That being said, here is how I did my system: Condenser out of a 1984 HO 305 Z-28, hoses from the same car, accumulator from 1985 V6 Cutlass, and the high side ( small) aluminum hard line from a TPI 1987 Z-28. The V6 hard line lacked the fitting and so did the Camaro hoses, so I had to find one that I could bend to fit that included the missing fitting.

jerrycad472

Master Mechanic
Nov 11, 2006
Detroit, MI
Thanks Guys

Jim Rockford

Master Mechanic
Nov 10, 2007
Shelby,N.C.
just use the stock Camaro rad and condenser ,the condensor slips on the clips on the rad tank for a clean looking install and you should be able to mate up one of the lines from the condensor to the compressor.I know its gonna work out like that on my monte with the LT1

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor