AIR system delete with the CCC?

Status
Not open for further replies.

2drx4

Greasemonkey
May 28, 2022
The middle of BC, Canada
Stick around. You haven't seen anything yet.
The only problem with being new is I have no idea what sort of reply is acceptable, or what is too much.

For the record, I offered to fish the pump out of the trash for the guy from Ontario. Guess what? He doesn't want it because shipping would be too much. MY EXACT F'ING POINT!

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
The only problem with being new is I have no idea what sort of reply is acceptable, or what is too much.

For the record, I offered to fish the pump out of the trash for the guy from Ontario. Guess what? He doesn't want it because shipping would be too much. MY EXACT F'ING POINT!
You'll know if it's too much. GP403 will come kick you in the 'nads (figuratively) if you cross the line. Common sense should rule the day.

Did you fish it out and then he didn't want it? Or just offer? If you actually dug it out because he asked you to, then he backed out, then learn accordingly who are the cheeseballs and who's serious. If you exerted no effort on your part, just let it go. Tire kickers are everywhere and getting bent about it just raises your blood pressure needlessly.

Reactions: 1 users

2drx4

Greasemonkey
May 28, 2022
The middle of BC, Canada
You'll know if it's too much. GP403 will come kick you in the 'nads (figuratively) if you cross the line. Common sense should rule the day.

Did you fish it out and then he didn't want it? Or just offer? If you actually dug it out because he asked you to, then he backed out, then learn accordingly who are the cheeseballs and who's serious. If you exerted no effort on your part, just let it go. Tire kickers are everywhere and getting bent about it just raises your blood pressure needlessly.
No, I'm not in any way upset with him. Please don't interpret it that way. I reached out because according to a bunch of posters in this thread I was dumping sacred artifacts. If they were right he should have been more than willing to pay for shipping and my effort. He wasnt, proving my point.

g0thiac

G-Body Guru
Sep 6, 2020
No, I'm not in any way upset with him. Please don't interpret it that way. I reached out because according to a bunch of posters in this thread I was dumping sacred artifacts. If they were right he should have been more than willing to pay for shipping and my effort. He wasnt, proving my point.
I doubt my pump is still at the shop, but when I had it removed several few weeks ago it was in good cosmetics.

If anyone want it, and I can still find it? It’s theirs for the cost of shipping from Ontario.

Clone TIE Pilot

Comic Book Super Hero
Aug 14, 2011
Galaxy far far away

Should have used LAARC on him.

On a serious note it just isn't cool to arbitrary dispose of discontinuted parts, especially still working ones. Regardless if you plan to sell them or not.

Reactions: 3 users

2drx4

Greasemonkey
May 28, 2022
The middle of BC, Canada
I doubt my pump is still at the shop, but when I had it removed several few weeks ago it was in good cosmetics.

If you want it, and I can still find it? It’s yours for the cost of shipping from Ontario.
Unless you're making a joke, I think you want to quote/PM 87 Monte Carlo SS. https://gbodyforum.com/members/87-monte-carlo-ss.35281/ I'm the guy whose pump is currently in the dumpster at work, and I definitely don't need or want another one. :rofl:

2drx4

Greasemonkey
May 28, 2022
The middle of BC, Canada

On a serious note it just isn't cool to arbitrary dispose of discontinuted parts, especially still working ones. Regardless if you plan to sell them or not.
What am I supposed to do with them? Start a museum?

2drx4

Greasemonkey
May 28, 2022
The middle of BC, Canada
Anyone who wants that pump, you've got about 10 hours to PM me and pay for it and shipping. That's when my shift is over and I'm not going to be back here before they come get the dumpster.

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006

The bracketry, at minimum. So many times I've seen people looking for A/C or AIR pump brackets because the PO took them off and tossed them, and their state required at least the equipment pass a visual. Junkyard's drying up along with "who the f** wants to repro emissions crap" from the aftermarket because demand is dropping (it always does for all eras of cars), and then only the specialized manufacturers or the parts hoarders are the only ones left with anything.

g0thiac

G-Body Guru
Sep 6, 2020

True. I honestly wouldn’t have disposed of the pump, had I known people still needed it.

Although I don’t know if mine worked or not. It’s more the fact I am used to not dealing with emissions which is nice! But it’s a luxury man, just like what rust free cars are to someone down south 😤👌

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor