Alarm

Status
Not open for further replies.

86LK

Royal Smart Person
Jul 23, 2018
My wife's MINI has the best modern anti-theft system, a manual transmission :).

My opinion is that the best anti theft system is common sense. Park in lit areas if possible. In a garage overnight. Lock to doors. Keep everything in the car out of sight etc. Most to the car theft in my area is not that of the car but smash and grabs of its contents. People smash the window and take anything they see on the floor and seats. Most car thefts are done by steeling ones that are running to warm up in the winter or by car jacking.
lit area? check
monitoring cameras? check
lock doors? check
items out of sight? check
dark tinted windows? check
smash and grab? check
scare the crap out of thief? check

Reactions: 1 users

Olds G's

Greasemonkey
Apr 6, 2020
CT
The police departments are out numbered across the country. That's to say the perps are let out either on a very small bond anyone can post or not at all because it's a "non violent crime". There is no accountability for crimes especially if they are juvenile in age. In many cases it's pushed by gangs or other organized crime because they know the deal.

So, what's to stop someone from implementing flash bangs?

What if someone was in the vehicle and sought to exercise their second amendment rights?

What if you happened upon this and your loved one was inside the vehicle the criminals were breaking into?

It's a mean world. I've had several vehicles stolen. My 1979 Y84 SE Trans Am is just an example. I got it back after it was stripped and I was lucky at that. I was in collage and the car was outside at my parents house at the time. Long time ago at that; I've been 21 for years!

IMHO, put in a garage. Lock the garage and garage door. Lock the vehicle that's in the garage. Put a steering wheel lock on. Disconnect the battery. Don't make it easy.

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
On my Regal I installed a master kill switch under the hood that kills power to the entire car and I also installed hood locks on my factory hood to keep the switch secure.

IMG_20210103_174830129 (2).jpg

Ribbedroof

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Jan 4, 2009
Wellston, OK
Carburetor and manual trans probably stop 90% of the driveaway thefts these days :LOL:

ck80

Supporting Member
Feb 18, 2014
Carburetor and manual trans probably stop 90% of the driveaway thefts these days :LOL:
Just another reason to avoid LS swaps!

Seriously, tire shop called me to pull the c10 into the shop and back out. Techs couldn't get it started. Inline 6 with 1bbl gets the win

Reactions: 1 user

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user

86LK

Royal Smart Person
Jul 23, 2018
I got one with a two-way pager system. Key fob lets you know if somethings up with your car, up to a 1/4 mile if I'm not mistaken. Apple air pod for the tracking.
interesting, do tell....

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor