Alero Project

Status
Not open for further replies.

81cutlass

Comic Book Super Hero
Feb 16, 2009
Western MN
My mom had an alero a few years ago that she bought new in 01. Had horrible luck with bumpers. The back bumper got wrecked twice and front twice. The car had 60K miles on it and was just a back into magnet. Think we bought every red Alero bumper in the state.

Looks good though. Not the most exciting car out there but its reliable.

fraido2002

Master Mechanic
Oct 23, 2010
Mid Michigan
Well it happened again, not even a year later. Towards the end of January I got another deer with the alero. It was still driveable but the insurance company estimated 2800 in damage and valued the car at 3100 so they totalled it. I can't really complain because there is no way I would have been able to get that much of it selling it outright.

fraido2002

Master Mechanic
Oct 23, 2010
Mid Michigan
Now that the alero is gone this left me my truck as a daily driver, a 2004 silverado 2500 extended cab with a 6.0. If you dont' remember I got marred in October and we brought a souvenir back with us we will have for a long time. We are pregnant with a little girl, so I felt I needed more room than the extended cab. So I traded in the 2004 for a 2011 Sierra denali Diesel Crew cab. Still not the greatest on gas but it sure is nice.

Nov 4, 2012
First, congrats on the marriage and having a kid on the way! Sorry about the car though, it's a "deer magnet" lol. My moms '06 Kia van had the same thing happen in the same spot twice, just like yours. I don't have any pictures of it but if you look through my build thread I'm sure it's in the background of some of the pictures. Nice truck, my uncle drove one for a few years, it was a company car and he was extremely reluctant to give it up when he quit, so I'm sure it'll do you fine.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
fraido2002 said:
Now that the alero is gone this left me my truck as a daily driver, a 2004 silverado 2500 extended cab with a 6.0. If you dont' remember I got marred in October and we brought a souvenir back with us we will have for a long time. We are pregnant with a little girl, so I felt I needed more room than the extended cab. So I traded in the 2004 for a 2011 Sierra denali Diesel Crew cab. Still not the greatest on gas but it sure is nice.

diesels never run great on gas.... :mrgreen:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor