All NY G-bodies emissions exempt

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lue

G-Body Guru
Nov 29, 2007
Los Angeles, california
Lucky, wish it was like that out here in Cali. It's even getting harder to find those shops that will pass smog for you under the table :(....

-83MONTESS-

Comic Book Super Hero
Nov 4, 2010
Bellevue, Ohio
Damn im loving Ohio more and more. We dont have to pass yearly emissions bullshit.

DRIVEN

Geezer
Apr 25, 2009
*CENSORED*
Nice! In my area (squeezed between the Hippys in Seattle and San Francisco) we still have testing for anything 1975 and newer. They don't really do an inspection on pre-OBDII cars, just a tailpipe sniff-test. Sometimes they'll slide a mirror underneath to look for a cat. Engine swaps and smog equipment aren't really so much of an issue as long as the pipe blows clean. It's really all about money anyway. The EPA/DEQ are just governmental loop-holes for legalized extortion.

snotrocket71

Greasemonkey
Feb 20, 2011
Wading River Long Island
i guess i was always lucky to have my uncle fudge my inspections. i've never heard of a suffolk county cop (one of the highest paid in the COUNTRY for doing next to nothing) pulling someone over for emissions equipment so i never really worried about hacking off emissions BS.

MR442

G-Body Guru
Apr 1, 2010
Back woods Central PA
In PA still got the yearly inspections . I'm just out of the area that requires smog test . But inspection garages can lose license as well as fine if pass a non equipped ride . I have seen couple rides go to scrapers because of cost emission to put back on.

There is always ways around things .

RegalBegal

G-Body Guru
Jul 10, 2009
Goldsboro, NC
snotrocket71 said:
i guess i was always lucky to have my uncle fudge my inspections. i've never heard of a suffolk county cop (one of the highest paid in the COUNTRY for doing next to nothing) pulling someone over for emissions equipment so i never really worried about hacking off emissions BS.

Come on! just because the SCPD spends half their time at 7-11.........in Manorville! Years ago we used to RACE them down CR111! I imagine it's different now. :rofl: Anyway, here in NH, it"s a 20 year rule and you don"t need a cat or AIR pump. Thats money better spent on go fast goodies. Besides, the cop (READ: 1 COP!) where I live never gets out of his vehicle.......except for coffee!

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
Oldsmoletick said:
pontiacgp said:
up here we are exempt but we still have to have the emissions components installed or we get a $385 fine..they have enforcement officers driving around and they can pull you over whenever they please to check the car.

:shock: Talk about smog nazis

Hmmmm, so I guess now I can leagally sbo my jeep :mrgreen: (j/k by the way). That's great news though, cheaper inspection is always a plus.

Jbreu: only 95 and older are exempt. 96 and newer still have to be plugged in.

Since vortec heads don't have an egr port I have an egr JB welded to the intake and painted the JB putty aluminum and the plugged the vacuum line to the carb...they don't check to see if it's working...it was easier doing that than running the set up from the exhaust....early spring last year I got pulled over in my 89 Pathfinder and the officer got pissed cause I couldn't stop laughing at him for pulling this piece of sh*t over....like who in their right mind would do anything to a 89 pathfinder..

442Jayp

Master Mechanic
Nov 11, 2010
WHAT ABOUT US IN CALI...ARE WE EXEMPT TOO ? :?

442Jayp

Master Mechanic
Nov 11, 2010
man i wish too..wish i had someone that will pass my car anyway in socal..i hate driving with this number in my window

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor