All NY G-bodies emissions exempt

Status
Not open for further replies.

79MaliCrazz

G-Body Guru
Nov 6, 2010
Lake Wylie,SC
Well thats nice to know now when I change my tags to NY tags it will cost me less thanks for the info.

85GPLef41

Royal Smart Person
Nov 14, 2008
Colorado
442Jayp said:
WHAT ABOUT US IN CALI...ARE WE EXEMPT TOO ? :?

Here they went back to testing every two years for cars from 73+ and they no longer offer collector plates for cars 25 years and older which would require testing once or whenever the car was sold... :evil: So my 85 GP isn't a "collector" car anymore and i have to get it smogged in order to renew my tags.... :cry: and to boot they tightened up the emission output standards! AND they eliminated smog exempt areas as well!... :wtf: this sucks *ss!!!

TheGeek

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Mar 18, 2011
-83MONTESS- said:
Damn im loving Ohio more and more. We dont have to pass yearly emissions bullshit.

Depends on where you live in Ohio. Some do, some don't still. 25 years and older:no, everything else: yes.

dougfather

Master Mechanic
Jul 11, 2006
Altoona PA
MR442 said:
In PA still got the yearly inspections . I'm just out of the area that requires smog test . But inspection garages can lose license as well as fine if pass a non equipped ride . I have seen couple rides go to scrapers because of cost emission to put back on.

There is always ways around things .

Classic or Antique tags. That's what I will need. Blair county has emissions test.

deanlemans81

G-Body Guru
Sep 7, 2010
Acton Vale, Quebec, Canada
Man have you guys got it tough! Up here in Quebec, we have no mandatory inspections at all. The only ones they have are safety inspections if your car has not been liscensed for over a year or if you piss-off a cop and he decides to send you to inspection. We do have collector car tags for vehicules 25 years and older but you can t drive on road with a speed limit of more than 70 km/h.
Dean

MR442

G-Body Guru
Apr 1, 2010
Back woods Central PA
dougfather said:
MR442 said:
In PA still got the yearly inspections . I'm just out of the area that requires smog test . But inspection garages can lose license as well as fine if pass a non equipped ride . I have seen couple rides go to scrapers because of cost emission to put back on.

There is always ways around things .

Classic or Antique tags. That's what I will need. Blair county has emissions test.
I dont have to worry about test . No smog here . But An inspector told me they r going to start checking classics ect because the fine print says stock

megaladon6

Comic Book Super Hero
May 29, 2006
Danbury, CT
In CT we have the 25yr rule. but i still love (yes i'm being sarcastic) bringing in my 97 VW diesel for emissions testing. i can leave a cloud of black smoke, but the 3 whole monitors are showing ready so she passes. what's the point?
and there's no safety test, so your clean running car, with no brakes, that runs into a tree and burns is really better for the environment!

snotrocket71

Greasemonkey
Feb 20, 2011
Wading River Long Island
RegalBegal said:
snotrocket71 said:
i guess i was always lucky to have my uncle fudge my inspections. i've never heard of a suffolk county cop (one of the highest paid in the COUNTRY for doing next to nothing) pulling someone over for emissions equipment so i never really worried about hacking off emissions BS.

Come on! just because the SCPD spends half their time at 7-11.........in Manorville! Years ago we used to RACE them down CR111! I imagine it's different now. :rofl: Anyway, here in NH, it"s a 20 year rule and you don"t need a cat or AIR pump. Thats money better spent on go fast goodies. Besides, the cop (READ: 1 COP!) where I live never gets out of his vehicle.......except for coffee!

hahahaha, i used to take 111 to school (suffolk community college) almost everyday (or edwards/94 to 51 every other day) and would STOMP on it at whatever stop light i hit at 7AM... man i miss school :wink: the ones i always worried about were the state troopers, they have NO heart at all. i cant believe i never got stopped on cr51 for going WELL in excess of what the 85 speedometer said on more than one occasion. good times.... screw emissions cars need to be fun again.

AJ88

Apprentice
Oct 21, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Are you sure this is true? I'm hoping to remove my cat and replace with a test pipe. I have an 88 Cutlass. I'm in Brooklyn.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor