And the winner is...

Status
Not open for further replies.

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
At least he stated up front it's rusted. But $2500/OBO might be alittle too much for a western Pa car that is sunk in the ground.

Reactions: 1 user

Doug Chahoy

Comic Book Super Hero
Nov 21, 2016
Good way to end it week, with another IDIOT SELLER who thinks his trash is gold.

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
As always, don't like the price? Then don't buy it. That car can be fixed back up, but it'll take a lot of money.

It's not worth $2500 to me, but I'm sure there's that one guy out there...maybe one of those new Gamestop millionaires will buy it.

• Haha

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
It would possibly be a good donor car for an SS conversion but I would still consider it a parts car. I would say that since you can see the quarter panel and decklid rust through I would imagine that it continues over to the doors, rockers and the frame.
I would say $1,500 max if it has a clean bucket interior and I don't care what someone says about a drivetrain if I can't hear it run or drive it I consider it a roller.
The 87'-88' rear tail light and bumper cover set up are also worth more IMO than the 81' -86' style.
The owner is accepting best offer so I don't see the $2,500 as that outrages of a starting point, at least he is not saying "firm on price I know what I have".
Considering I just stripped a 86' SS 6 months ago I was amazed at what a lot these parts go for.

Doug Chahoy

Comic Book Super Hero
Nov 21, 2016
I wanted a part on eBay was HIGH PRICED, also said BEST OFFER. When I made my offer to the seller, he said price was firm even tho the part had been listed for months.

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
I wanted a part on eBay was HIGH PRICED, also said BEST OFFER. When I made my offer to the seller, he said price was firm even tho the part had been listed for months.
He priced it to keep, not to sell, apparently.

I followed a super-rare part similar to that for a bit over 2 years. Finally, I guess he figured out the part was overpriced, and the price came down with an auction style but still had a BIN price. I put in my bid for a little more than the opening bid, and as the only bidder after 6 days, I got the part at the opening bid price. Which was about a hair under 1/2 the original asking price, but lower than I would have offered. So, I figure I won that round.

UNGN

Comic Book Super Hero
Sep 6, 2016
Southlake, TX
$2500 is CHEAP! for a car equipped with a FAST system. It says right there, "FAST":
Fast.jpg

And he's throwing in the green mold and Rust for FREE!

He even cut the gutter so it drops EXTRA rancid water on the car, to give you EVEN MORE green mold for your money.

Bargain.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 4 users

oldsmobile joe

Royal Smart Person
Nov 12, 2015
mpls
sounds like a good starting point to me. would i pay $2500, not without knowing more. theres too little info in the ad to draw a good conclusion. and theres too much keyboard bravado hypotheticals being thrown out. we all have seen a lot worse for a lot more $. heck we may even have dove in ourselves or at least know someone who has.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor