Another cast Pontiac ralleye II 18's!

Status
Not open for further replies.

67rstbkt

G-Body Guru
Sep 30, 2010
Reno, Nevada
OK, ordered up a set. I went with 18x9 for rear, 18x8 front. I'll let you guys know how it works out. I spoke with the item poster (Ronrims) and he said the backspace for the 18x9 is actually 5.25, the 18x8 is 4.5

G-Body_Vet

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 15, 2010
I'll be looking fwd to the critiquing and some pics when you get them! I'm holding off on buying them for now since they aren't at the top of my priority list at the moment.

67rstbkt

G-Body Guru
Sep 30, 2010
Reno, Nevada
G-Body_Vet said:
I'll be looking fwd to the critiquing and some pics when you get them! I'm holding off on buying them for now since they aren't at the top of my priority list at the moment.

Well, I'm at the point where I need to decide and since I need to narrow the 9" Ford, this is a good time to make sure everything will fit like I think it will. I won't be getting tires just yet, but I'll take some pics when I fit them on.

efigp83

Apprentice
Sep 22, 2011
Tinley Park, IL
aren't those really magnum 500 wheels? do not know why they are marketing them as Pontiac wheels. The rally II wheels are awesome though

G-Body_Vet

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 15, 2010
efigp83 said:
aren't those really magnum 500 wheels? do not know why they are marketing them as Pontiac wheels. The rally II wheels are awesome though

Close but not quite! The recesses in the wheels are slightly different.

Attachments

• magnum.jpg
    magnum.jpg
    149.4 KB · Views: 874

565bbchevy

Geezer
G-Body of the Month
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
If you did a side by side comparison I would say it is not that close.

efigp83

Apprentice
Sep 22, 2011
Tinley Park, IL
565bbchevy said:
If you did a side by side comparison I would say it is not that close.
agree the spokes come up too high to where the center cap is. i wish i could afford the rally II's. plus they are aluminium.

67rstbkt

G-Body Guru
Sep 30, 2010
Reno, Nevada
They showed up today; initial impression of them is that they are really nice for the cash. The entire wheel appears powdercoated black, except for the spokes. I had to throw them on to see how they fit, even though I don't have tires yet. :D

On to the pics.....

Attachments

• photo 1.JPG
    photo 1.JPG
    285.6 KB · Views: 742
  • photo 2.JPG
    photo 2.JPG
    740.9 KB · Views: 742
  • photo 3.JPG
    photo 3.JPG
    678.3 KB · Views: 728
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor