Another cast Pontiac ralleye II 18's!

Status
Not open for further replies.

G-Body_Vet

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 15, 2010
They do look pretty nice and the price makes it even better. Looks like a worthwhile upgrade from 14" ralleyes.

85GPLef41

Royal Smart Person
Nov 14, 2008
Colorado
They do look pretty sweet!! I am seriously considering them if the clear the c5/c6 vette brakes..

efigp83

Apprentice
Sep 22, 2011
Tinley Park, IL

67rstbkt

G-Body Guru
Sep 30, 2010
Reno, Nevada
efigp83 said:
agree the spokes come up too high to where the center cap is. i wish i could afford the rally II's. plus they are aluminium.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-17x8-Cast-R ... 0a&vxp=mtr

Your link does not work/listing removed, so I'm not sure what you are saying? You don't like the US mags version? They cost too much? Year ones cost too much? You like the Year One version better?

Anyways, on the other point (C5 brakes); I'll let you guys know what I find as I get more parts. The actual diameter on the inside looks like it should clear. I will try and get that template Kore 3 has printed out to the right size to get a better idea.

67rstbkt

G-Body Guru
Sep 30, 2010
Reno, Nevada
efigp83 said:
these are the ones i have seen. they are aluminum and polished.
http://www.shopvintagewheels.com/18X95- ... p/WV93008/

Ahhh, I see now. Yea, those are pricey; but, they are billet. For the price, I'm happy with the US Mags version. It's not a perfect replica, but neither is anything else on the market. Rally's were never made in these sizes or aluminum afaik. If I were going to step into that price range, I'd probably go with Fikse, Forgeline, etc...

efigp83

Apprentice
Sep 22, 2011
Tinley Park, IL
67rstbkt said:
efigp83 said:

Ahhh, I see now. Yea, those are pricey; but, they are billet. For the price, I'm happy with the US Mags version. It's not a perfect replica, but neither is anything else on the market. Rally's were never made in these sizes or aluminum afaik. If I were going to step into that price range, I'd probably go with Fikse, Forgeline, etc...

i know they are a little insane but if you look at their site you can pick up a set of chrome 16's for around $1000. i just enjoy OE wheels.

67rstbkt

G-Body Guru
Sep 30, 2010
Reno, Nevada
efigp83 said:
67rstbkt said:
efigp83 said:

i know they are a little insane but if you look at their site you can pick up a set of chrome 16's for around $1000. i just enjoy OE wheels.

I hear you on that, I like the OE wheels too, but with larger brakes, 16's and even some 17's just won't work.

G-Body_Vet

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 15, 2010
efigp83 said:

I was checking out the 15's & 16's at one point too. The thing that I was put off by with 15's is that I wanted run white letter BFG's and the cost is comparable to 17" tires. So then it becomes aluminum vs steel weight savings, brake upgrade options, and a modern wheel for a "resto-mod" look (which I prefer anyway). I think the oversize OE style wheels look nice. Even the 17" Chevy N90's look good on Montes & 2nd gen Camaros.

efigp83

Apprentice
Sep 22, 2011
Tinley Park, IL
i have 15X7 front 15X8 rear on mine with 275/50/15 on the rear

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor