Another Decision To Be Made

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikester

Comic Book Super Hero
Mar 10, 2010
Small town NY
Looks like it sits about the same as mine. I have Hotchkis springs in mine so maybe that’s why it doesn’t rub. I have the same size tire on the front but a 7” wide wheel.
Edit: I do get a slight rub on the sway bar at full lock. I have blazer spindles to put on at some point that should take care of that.
Edit 2: I just checked and I’m running 215/65r15’s on the front
To be honest this whole things got me very frustrated. Im hoping to have the wagon running by the end of the day. Ive got some small things to redo but all thats left after today is an exhaust system, alignment and charging the AC. I just hope theres no leaks or noises when it starts.

mikester

Comic Book Super Hero
Mar 10, 2010
Small town NY
Looks like it sits about the same as mine. I have Hotchkis springs in mine so maybe that’s why it doesn’t rub. I have the same size tire on the front but a 7” wide wheel.
Edit: I do get a slight rub on the sway bar at full lock. I have blazer spindles to put on at some point that should take care of that.
Edit 2: I just checked and I’m running 215/65r15’s on the front
Theres another thread about this here. https://gbodyforum.com/threads/wagon-suspension.82159/#post-849120

liquidh8

Comic Book Super Hero
Mitch, FWIW, My 1978 El-camino had Rallye's on it, and it was LOW. 15x7 front with a 235-60/15, and the rear had 15x8 with a 275-50/15. No issues at all. Also, my 78 Malibu had AFCO coils front and rear, was really low. I ran 17x8 square on the car, with a 245-45/17 in the front, and a 275-40/17 in the rear. Also, no issues.

You can run a larger tire, like has been stated, keep it to about 26" in diameter (give or take), watch backspacing, and you should be good.

Reactions: 1 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor