Another Ford better idea - they stole GM's concept except reliability

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rt Jam

G-Body Guru
Mar 30, 2020
Ontario Canada
Ya alot of it can be left to speculation. We can continue this debate, just skip the name calling.

Since the topic is pointing to lifters. Most of the failures are not the actual lifter's fault. In the case of a 5.7L Dodge. There is alot of high mileage engines with no failure but engines that see alot of idling are prone to failures. In this particular engine, splash from the crank is not great at idle speed.
In the LS, most of it is related to Displacement on Demand and it's usually the cylinders that get cut. When the DOD is active a lighter spring allows the lifter to collapse. It is this mechanism that failures but if ignored, it's the lifter roller and cam lobe that get damaged. I know it's only 1 example but I have a 370k on my 6L truck, no DOD and the lifters in these do not fail.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor