Anti car jacking thought

Built6spdMCSS

Geezer
Jun 15, 2012
Florida Beach
Thats true. Of course, that's all just theoretical musings, but point taken, and it's a good one. In fact, I'm going to go on the side of safety for all concerned in this thread.

Mentioning what someone might do, whether joking or just musing stuff over could get used against them God forbid something happened. We'll make sure to keep this thread on the good side of the line

Good catch and good call.
So you edited our posts here to "clean it up"...

Next time you re-write what I say, atleast make it look like I don't have one of the tisms... 🙄

I've got an even better one.. Old school high beam headlight switch on the floor up somewhere basically you tap it as you are getting out of the car. Have it wired into Fuel Pump Relay Ground. Car shuts off don't know what happened shitbag moves on to another car.

Again tho it's a matter of training and remembering to do it under duress.

I've training much more.

Good to know ANYTHING we post here can be changed at will, that's fckn great. I'll look for others to be altered..🙄

Ugly1

Royal Smart Person
Oct 26, 2021
Lost in the woods of NH
I'm in favor of the Mad Max idea.

Working with existing circuitry. The best might be tie into the dome light switch. KOEO energizes circuit, opening the door would energize the anti Carjack timer. Of course the problem is obvious when you are driving and open the door and forget to disable it. You would have to have a bypass switch for that issue.

Electrically bypass any of the major sensors and it will go into limpy. Their getaway won't be fast. Put and timer on the fuel pump and engine stops.
They make an electric fuel shutoff that can be used on mechanical or electric fuel pumps. If you have it on a remote that always sits in your pocket or one of those fobs that has to be near the sensor.

Reactions: 1 user

WyoGN

Apprentice
Sep 24, 2022
oz of prevention = lb of cure......stay out of crime ridden cities. a hidden kill switch ect....but if they really want it they will take it.....and if you live in a crime ridden city, I feel for you. Where I live EVERYONE is packing......people tend to behave :)

• Agree
Reactions: 3 users

random_farmhick

Apprentice
Dec 13, 2020
It's one thing to think dumb stuff, it's another thing to actually post it on the open internet. 🤦‍♂️

First rule of fight club: you don't talk about fight club...
This is exactly my thoughts on it. There is one thing to "think" about it, but completely something different to talk about it. Once you put it out there on the public internet, ANYONE can see it and know how to defeat it if they are targeting your car.

Built6spdMCSS

Geezer
Jun 15, 2012
Florida Beach
This is exactly my thoughts on it. There is one thing to "think" about it, but completely something different to talk about it. Once you put it out there on the public internet, ANYONE can see it and know how to defeat it if they are targeting your car.
I see what you mean in reference to if someone talks about how they plan to disable their car.

I said that above in reference to someone saying something way dumber than that. Jail time type dumb.

ck80

Supporting Member
Feb 18, 2014
So you edited our posts here to "clean it up"...

Next time you re-write what I say, atleast make it look like I don't have one of the tisms... 🙄

Good to know ANYTHING we post here can be changed at will, that's fckn great. I'll look for others to be altered..🙄
There's two choices: line-item delete where you cut out the content that was correctly identified as presenting an issue, then leaving behind the rest, or, delete the post entirely.

Nothing was paraphrased or as you say given a 're-write', just the chunks at issue were deleted.

In the future, if it's your preference, your entire posts can just be axed when we have an issue that raises liability present itself. I figured we went for the lesser of two evils.

Let me know if that's your preference, it'd be easier to do. In this case I expected you to complain either way.

Built6spdMCSS

Geezer
Jun 15, 2012
Florida Beach
There's two choices: line-item delete where you cut out the content that was correctly identified as presenting an issue, then leaving behind the rest, or, delete the post entirely.

Nothing was paraphrased or as you say given a 're-write', just the chunks at issue were deleted.

In the future, if it's your preference, your entire posts can just be axed when we have an issue that raises liability present itself. I figured we went for the lesser of two evils.

Let me know if that's your preference, it'd be easier to do. In this case I expected you to complain either way.
Just calling out crap as I see it. I expect some to call that "complaining" tho because it's something called out.

Funny you mention that specific word, I just wanted to know what exactly was going on given we have members here that like to report whenever somebody posts something brash because that's what grown men nowadays do, so just wanted to make sure whatever I say doesn't get twisted around and then I get "reported" because internet jockeys...🙄

Absolutely wouldn't put it past those with the "powers at be" to be that type of person. I've already seen things posted to where they be of that type.

Tony1968

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
Jul 1, 2018
NW Indiana
A guy I knew was car jacked. Three youths got him out of his car and made him lay face down on the ground. And they shot him in the head. He survived although badly injured. Point is there are so many great ways to avoid this situation. Doors locked. Leaving enough room to escape. Eyes open. Remember your vehicle can be a great 2 ton weapon. And I'm not going to mention more specifics of self defense but I'm sure most understand. Grew up on South side of Chicago and still venture into this cesspool. I will never be forced out of my vehicle without a ***fight.

Reactions: 1 users

GP403

Administrator
Site Admin
Feb 25, 2005
Rolla, MO
OK, on the "editing posts" business. ck80 can you just report those in the future and let me hash it out so I can see what's going on.

Built6spdMCSS there are rules here. We've been over this. Save your keyboard warrior bravado bs for someplace else. your call.

Long story short, yeah, I could edit all of your posts to include images of danny trujillo in a pink tutu. But I won't. In rare instances I will go back and edit a post that "suddenly" starts tripping flags for advertisers "objectionable content" ... a lot of those instances are words that are used correctly in context and I won't edit them, very rarely will I remove content. I'd just prefer to remove the source. 🤔

But I shouldn't have to say that posting ways to off someone isn't exactly helpful to anyone. And could be taken the wrong way by someone, anyone out there. Think before you post.

Besides, the ultimate carjacker deterrent was already invented in south africa several years ago. Don't do this.

TLDR don't mod your car to injure or kill people bc that's bad mkay?

• Wow
Reactions: 5 users

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor