Anti theft collar

Status
Not open for further replies.

79LT1Monte

Apprentice
Nov 25, 2007
Moscow Mills, Missouri
Does anybody know where I can get an anti theft steering column cover that isn't so bulky and heavy. Most of these I have seen are major overkill!!!! I have a kill switch to disable it but I don't want the column ripped apart if someone tries to steal it. I know these cars are known for being easy to snatch.

gbodyfever

Greasemonkey
Jun 19, 2007
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
dont mean to jack your thread but im very interested in this aswell sinse i will be driving my 85' come spring as a daily driver and dont need no low lifes getting it.

srercrcr

G-Body Guru
Jun 19, 2006
San Antonio, Texas
You might consider the Club....they 'd have to remove the steering wheel!

KMac

Greasemonkey
Jan 3, 2007
Anybody have one installed? I'm interested but don't want it to look hideous like some of the pics. I also have an electrical cut-off switch hidden under the dash. Its a small deterrent but can buy you some time.

Furtrader

Master Mechanic
Jan 5, 2006
Ottawa,Ontario,Canada
srercrcr said:
You might consider the Club....they 'd have to remove the steering wheel!

The club is a waste of money.They simply cut the steering wheel and slide the club off.

A kill switch is good.The following is from the 'net(I forget where).

On 78-88 G-bodies the main LARGE PURPLE ignition wire is located on the
lower column shaft. Cut the wire and splice in a switch of your choice. For
example,use a large guitar amp plug. Mount the female end in a
hidden place under the dash and you must 'plug-in' the male end to complete
the connection in order to start the car. When you park your car just pull
the male end out and hide it in the car or take it with you.

Silent viewer

Royal Smart Person
May 9, 2007
i have a column lock on my cutlass that is the bit bulky black ones and i have a billet aluminum wrap on my regal that is actually very atractive. problem is i done know where to get the billet ones since i found it at the salvage yard, it was not easy to get off but luckely the person who installed it did not use loctite. there is also a steel wrap that is very this, my freind has it on his regal and it is barely noticable, he got his at a steering column shop for like 40 bucks installed. the club is a joke, the blazer i now own was stolen twice from my friend that i bought it from and both times there was a club on it, second time there was a alarm and we found the siren ripped out and left where the blazer was suppose to be. i also have the one that website shows and i have to say, if anybody can get one of those off i would be surprised, i found one in the salvage yard when i was younger and it took me 2 hours to get it out and i had to basically destroy the steering column it was on to get it, if i would have been smart(keep in mind i was like 17 at the time, 10 years later..) i would have taken the whole column becasue i can get the pins that are used to install it out of the damn thing. i can assure you that they will NOT get through that one easily. personally if i was really going after g body car i would just bring a spare coulmn and swap it if i had to, it doesnt take long, lol.

79LT1Monte

Apprentice
Nov 25, 2007
Moscow Mills, Missouri
Thanks for the link, that's exactly what I was looking for.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor