Any use F Body wheels on a G body?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gwarren79

G-Body Guru
Oct 29, 2018
Safford, AZ
This pic is how my Wagon arrived. Not sure what year wheels they are / were. I also don't remember if they're fronts or rears. But I can tell you he had a 1/2" spaces in there with longer wheel studs. I still have the wheels and spacers if anyone is interested. I'm looking to let 'em go really cheap.
91-91 RS/Z28 in 16"

Contact me for wheels, no tires. 85546

Screwz

Greasemonkey
May 10, 2021
Arkansas
I have irocs fronts on mine all 4 say front and I’m pretty sure that it so the back spacing is right . If I remember correctly 3nd gen Camaros had different back spacing front to back . I would check to see if Trans Ams are the same . I don’t know if 4th gen T/As have different back spacing front to back.

oldsmobile joe

Royal Smart Person
Nov 12, 2015
mpls
I have irocs fronts on mine all 4 say front and I’m pretty sure that it so the back spacing is right . If I remember correctly 3nd gen Camaros had different back spacing front to back . I would check to see if Trans Ams are the same . I don’t know if 4th gen T/As have different back spacing front to back.
Third gen Firebird and camaro 16" rims have different off sets. 0 off set for for fronts. 16mm for rear rims. I think its positive 16mm. Meaning the back spacing on the rear is 16 mm deeper than the fronts. Which back in the day, you didn't rotor the tires, especially if you had the factory gator back GY tires.
I have not run across any forth gen fbody rims in 17" with a variation in back spacing front to rear.

88 Gutlass

Greasemonkey
Jan 1, 2020
Ga
Third gen Firebird and camaro 16" rims have different off sets. 0 off set for for fronts. 16mm for rear rims. I think its positive 16mm. Meaning the back spacing on the rear is 16 mm deeper than the fronts. Which back in the day, you didn't rotor the tires, especially if you had the factory gator back GY tires.
I have not run across any forth gen fbody rims in 17" with a variation in back spacing front to rear.
I have a set of the GTA wheels on my car now with no issues like others have posted.

Attachments

• E8A88D32-A3BD-4165-BE80-DB75E0F3207C.jpeg
    E8A88D32-A3BD-4165-BE80-DB75E0F3207C.jpeg
    709.8 KB · Views: 95
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor