Anybody every tried BMW or Range Rover wheels on their GBody

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Anybody every tried BMW or Range Rover wheels on their G

the arp studs I used were number 100-7701

these are 3" long though, but I needed them for my brake swap project, I cut them down to the size I needed and I have not heard of these breaking

Well I'm still with pontiacgp on this one. If your going to put ARP studs which is a good idea regarless of what rims you use and do other work to make rims fit that are not exactly correct why not just buy rims with the correct bolt pattern that were made to fit your application. Who wants to be the first person to say they lost a wheel at 70 because wheel fitment was only close.

565bbchevy said:
Well I'm still with pontiacgp on this one. If your going to put ARP studs which is a good idea regarless of what rims you use and do other work to make rims fit that are not exactly correct why not just buy rims with the correct bolt pattern that were made to fit your application. Who wants to be the first person to say they lost a wheel at 70 because wheel fitment was only close.
not jumping in this argument for the OP, but to respond as far as my friend... his fit nicely, I am not aware of any issues with them at all and the reason why he bought the ones he did, is because he was looking for some real nice wheels on craigslist. not many people with gbodies fork over the money for some real three piece wheels (and are willing to part with them for a great price), when he did his search for the wheels he wanted, He found them and talked the guy down to $1000. all four with new tires. guy needed the money bad, he saved $4500 on his wheels.

565bbchevy said:

I understand the argument.. But I haven't seen any evidence that it's actually bad for the car.

It can't hurt to put new studs in, but honestly the studs are there to draw the wheel close to the hub... They shouldn't be supporting the wheel/car.

You'd be surprised how many G-bodies are on Asantis and Forgiatos that were previously on 7 Series BMWs.

Qdub24 said:
You'd be surprised how many G-bodies are on Asantis and Forgiatos that were previously on 7 Series BMWs.

Well surprise me and show me some pics 😀

king-david said:
It can't hurt to put new studs in, but honestly the studs are there to draw the wheel close to the hub... They shouldn't be supporting the wheel/car.

But, on MANY aftermarket wheels, they are. The center bore on most aftermarket wheels are oversized to accomodate the variety of hub/pilot sizes used.

IMO, buy wheels that fit properly, but everyone has to make that decision for themselves.

king-david said:
Qdub24 said:

Well surprise me and show me some pics 😀

Go to the Custom Pictures Gallery thread and look at the cars on Asantis and Forgiatos. Those wheels brand new aren't cheap, and not many people who drive a G-body daily can probably afford 'em. BMW owners, at least where I'm from, just put 'em on for the summer, and then sell 'em for half what they paid or less.

Since safety is clearly not important :? why not just buy some adaptors so they fit perfect? With the backspacing (or lack thereof) on most these newer wheels you would probably need a spacer anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor