Anybody running a side exit exhaust?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kustomss

Greasemonkey
Feb 20, 2010
I wasn't sure where to put this but is anyone running their exhaust out the side? Any pics?

gk666

Master Mechanic
Oct 11, 2010
i want to but not currently... once i get my exhaust custom made ill probably request side exit... more power to you

MD13ailey

Master Mechanic
Aug 26, 2009
Columbia city, Oregob
I am, I dont have any pics of it yet. Its 3" with all mandrel bends and an H pipe and it dumps a little before the rear tires even with the body. it way loud I'm just running two race glass packs and two shoenfeld 8" long "mufflers" but they r being used as a resonator

jrm81bu

Comic Book Super Hero
Jul 9, 2008
Antwerp, OH
I used to. I had 2 1/2in pipe come off the headers into glasspacks, then a 45 degree angle with it exiting right in front of the rear tires. Simple and loud.

Yedi

n00b
Mar 18, 2011
I believe I have a torque tech exhaust sytem.

3" off the headers to an X pipe, then 2.5" out the back at 45 angles behind the wheels. Flowmaster 40 series.

Killer system, all Mandrel bent, comes in pieces...needs to be welded, or clamped. VERY distinct sound!

here's some pics....

Attachments

• P1010307.JPG
    P1010307.JPG
    512.1 KB · Views: 1,472
  • P1010361.JPG
    P1010361.JPG
    607.8 KB · Views: 1,952
  • P1010371.JPG
    P1010371.JPG
    662 KB · Views: 2,615

FE3X CLONE

Comic Book Super Hero
Dec 2, 2009
Ohio
kustomss said:
I wasn't sure where to put this but is anyone running their exhaust out the side? Any pics?

Where at out the side?

If your talking about out the side behind the rear tires then you can look at any Cutlass, 442 or H/O dual exhaust.

However if your talking about side exahust that exits in front of the rear tires, that's a bit harder. There was a guy locally that did it this way using cherry bombs (from what I could tell) and then just angled the pipes. Looked like total crap. You could see everything hanging below the car and it scraping everytime he hit a bump.

It's a bit tricking to get them tucked up nice and still make it out in from of the tires.

The really nice way of doing it is to buy a muffler that has a front IN/OUT pipe. Dr. Gas used to make them but they were really expensive. Came as part of a kit that was over $400.

However Dynomax makes a Super Turbo Front IN/OUT muffler that's more reasonable at around $65 each.

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/WLK-17676/

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor