Anybody with 78'/79' Pontiac Grand Prix's with factory 4-sp.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GMP440

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Nov 10, 2008
Florida
Anybody on the board own or have pics of 78' or 79' Pontiac Grand Prix's
with factory 4-speed? I know these are ultra rare but it was an option with the 301 4 barrel motor.

clean8485

Comic Book Super Hero
Dec 18, 2005
Ontario, Canada
There was an article in one of the Pontiac magazines (I think it was High Performance Pontiac), from about a year or so ago, about a Lemans or Grand Am that had the 301/4 speed combo, and I think it was a one owner car. Sorry I can't be of more help than that.

srercrcr

G-Body Guru
Jun 19, 2006
San Antonio, Texas
Try searching posts. There are a few on here. Also check the performanceyears forum for G's. The pics just show a shifter coming out of the hump. When they come up for sale they're usually like 5K and not what I call pristine, so they don't sell.

GP403

Administrator
Site Admin
Feb 25, 2005
Rolla, MO
There's a couple of 'em floating around here. The 4-spd was '79 only in Pontiacs, and could be had behind the 301 or a 3-spd behind the buick v6.

79-Pont-03.jpg

grant's prix

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Dec 26, 2007
Great White North
79 4 speed cars 2 of 232 in hand

I have one here, another at my brother in-laws. Both are 301 4 bbl, blue interior buckets and cloth interior, the one here is two tone blue hard top, the other was a two tone blue (now one) with the landau roof. Some Ahole put a crappy sunroof in mine, has to come out and the car is rusty. I traded a chev 350 and th350 for it a couple years ago. The other one I got in exchange for four Korn tickets about 7 years ago. (good concert btw)

My brother in law took the 4 speed stuff out and put it into a 79 auto car from Phoenix due to condition, it is running but now has a 301 auto in it. As the body is in far better shape than mine, and he rebuilt the motor/brakes etc. I am getting it back from him and plan to put the trans and related items from my car back into his so I have a driver while I take the next 10? years and rebuild mine, in the meantime keeping my 1980 400/400/3.42 car up and about and looking for a 68-70 GTO. :shock:

BobCit

Apprentice
Sep 30, 2007
North Jersey
I've got a 79 4 speed I purchased about 2 years ago. It was a base model with a split bench seat. I found a 79 SJ with a great interior and buckets, but it had a really beat up body. I have since replaced the entire interior of the 4 speed car with that of the SJ. Just need to sort out a few more things and then I'll get her painted

6 Grrrs

n00b
Apr 8, 2009
I used to have a '78 with a 231 Buick & a 3 speed. I yanked the V6 & put a SBC in it with a T5 & then a T56 6speed. Car was a blast to drive.

In this pic, it has IROC wheels, but they were swapped out later for 1990 16" Formula wheels. They looked much better.

1978_GrandPrix_ManualTrans_RR.jpg

6 Grrrs

n00b
Apr 8, 2009
Re: goat

grant's prix said:
where did the 65 gto go?

That is a '64 GTO. It is my father's car. It looks like this now...My parent's house was struck by lightning on Aug 9, 2007. The GTO was in the garage :(
There was also a 1934 Packard & a 1964 Tempest that were destroyed, also.

64GTOfire1.jpg

64GTOfire3.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor