anybody with white faced gauges

Status
Not open for further replies.

MC$$

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Nov 5, 2007
pawtucket, ri
i was thinking of ordering a white faced gauge kit from ebay, it's only 24$. my dash lights are extremely dim, and i'd like to switch them to green or blue l.e.d.'s down the line. any of you guys have pics of them installed? are the gauges more readable now that they are white? at night i can't even see how much gas i have with the stock gauges...

Jman

Greasemonkey
Jan 4, 2006
Ontario
I assume your talking about the white overlays at that price. I have the white face overlays. To make things a lil brighter, stick some chrome tape on the back of the gauge cluster. It reflects the light alot better. I used home heat duct tape.

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a387/ ... s002-1.jpg

I'll try to find a better pic.

ryanelco

Apprentice
May 9, 2007
i had them in my car. they were easy to put on but i thought they looked out of place in my car. what i would consider doing is buy the led lights and install them first and if visibility is still an issue then i would purchase the white faces. by the way what gauges are in your cluster? i.e 85 speedo? 115 speedo? tach? dummy lights etc.

MC$$

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Nov 5, 2007
pawtucket, ri
ryanelco said:
i had them in my car. they were easy to put on but i thought they looked out of place in my car. what i would consider doing is buy the led lights and install them first and if visibility is still an issue then i would purchase the white faces. by the way what gauges are in your cluster? i.e 85 speedo? 115 speedo? tach? dummy lights etc.

i have no dummy lights, all gauges. 85 mph speedo. i just bought some off of ebay

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayI ... 0189991711

cant wait to put em in, then i can see how much gas i have at night !!!

KMac

Greasemonkey
Jan 3, 2007
What gauges are those that you have in your elky? It looks liek the rally gauges but then its not. did you make those because that looks really good.

Also is that the stock console in the el camino's as well. Very nice interior looks like something i need to do

KMac

Greasemonkey
Jan 3, 2007
I actually have a non-running 1988 (i think) 528 e which looks to have the same dash. How hard was that to make it fit? I'm seriously thinking about that now, and did you just replace the beamer gauges with the autometer ones?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor