Status
Not open for further replies.

tc1959

Comic Book Super Hero
Dec 23, 2009
Surprise AZ.
pontiac gp said:
tc1959 said:
I mounted a bright 20 LED lamp above the rear window. I only had to drill one hole I just put a drop of RTV on the wires before I stuck it on with double sided tape.
Tapped into the brake light wire under the drivers sill plate. (got it from JC. Whitney).
If you mount the lamp inside the back window you will light up the inside cab every time you hit the brakes.
Very distracting when driving at night. :wink:

if you have that tapped into one of the brake wires does it not flash when you have the turn signal on? The 3rd brake light on my GP is a blue wire that comes from the brake switch. It's independent of the yellow and green brake wires.
My bad: I meant I ran the wiring under the drivers side sill I did have to tap the brake light switch. I had the whole interior out at the time so it made it a bit easier to run everything.

J3

Greasemonkey
Jan 1, 2009
East TX
tc1959 said:
My bad: I meant I ran the wiring under the drivers side sill I did have to tap the brake light switch. I had the whole interior out at the time so it made it a bit easier to run everything.

tc1959, could you shed a little more light (pun intended :wink: ) on how to tap into the brake light switch? I installed a third brake light from a later model Monte in my 79, but have yet to do the wiring; and after looking at the factory wiring diagrams for my car, became puzzled as to how to keep it from flashing with the turn signals.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
J3 said:
tc1959 said:

tc1959, could you shed a little more light (pun intended :wink: ) on how to tap into the brake light switch? I installed a third brake light from a later model Monte in my 79, but have yet to do the wiring; and after looking at the factory wiring diagrams for my car, became puzzled as to how to keep it from flashing with the turn signals.

You can tap into the white wire coming from the break light switch..

J3

Greasemonkey
Jan 1, 2009
East TX
Thanks guys!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor