1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anyone familiar with Foxbody cars?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Longroof79, Nov 12, 2017.

1. Longroof79

Longroof79 Geezer

Thanks for your suggestions, Steve.
    I will give it the old college try today....thanks again. I'll let you know what I find.

2. pontiacgp

pontiacgp Canadian Prime Minister

I wish I did what I suggested when I have an issue recently when I through it was my red top battery, I ran around the block a few times before I went back to the basics..:doh:

• Like Like x 1
  3. Michaelweez

Michaelweez Not-quite-so-new-guy

Didn't read all the replies but I have a fox mustang and when I initially bought it I was having electrical issues which turned out to be directly related to "fusible links". Mine is a 93 so I'm sure the wiring is quite a bit different but you may want to jump on a fox forum to see if you can find a 1981 wiring diagram.

4. Longroof79

Longroof79 Geezer

Well guys, I'm embarrassed to say. It was a simple, stupid problem that I overlooked. A poorly connecting battery cable terminal.
    Steve, I did end up using the jumper cable method and it worked like a charm. It essentially bypassed the positive cable to the starter relay and ground to ground.

Oldsmobile Joe was kinda on the money in regard to add-on cable connectors.
    I took that small length of positive battery cable off and removed the bolt-on end. When I looked at it, I understood right away why this thing wasn't getting a good connection.
    The terminals are painted...:wtf: Well, I ended up filing out the connector and made sure the cable fit the connector nicely. Put it back on the car and it spun the engine over quickly.

Working on cars for over 50 yrs and a simple thing can trip you up. :oops:o_O:confused:

Thanks again for all your input, guys. As much as I feel foolish, I'm glad it's finally resolved.

• Winner Winner x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1