Anyone have Stock spindles

Status
Not open for further replies.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
Just want to say thanks to you guys for replying and giving some input. Today I was able to pick some spindles locally thanks to Jamcar223. Now for the hard part of installing them. Again thanks to all.

it's not very difficult to replace them, you can rent for free the ball joint separator from your local store

Reactions: 1 user

64nailhead

Goat Herder
Dec 1, 2014
Upstate NY
Just want to say thanks to you guys for replying and giving some input. Today I was able to pick some spindles locally thanks to Jamcar223. Now for the hard part of installing them. Again thanks to all.

Do yourself a favor and change the ball joints while it's apart unless your's are like new. If you intend any type of performance, then look into the taller ball joints that correct the terrible G-Body geometry as well.

Really glad to hear you found what you needed quickly and close to home!!

• Agree
Reactions: 4 users

Rigo’s87

Greasemonkey
Aug 31, 2019
Houston, Texas
Do yourself a favor and change the ball joints while it's apart unless your's are like new. If you intend any type of performance, then look into the taller ball joints that correct the terrible G-Body geometry as well.

Really glad to hear you found what you needed quickly and close to home!!

I have the ball joints and tie rods... “taller ball joint” does go in the top or the both top and bottom?

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
I have the ball joints and tie rods... “taller ball joint” does go in the top or the both top and bottom?

if you want to maintain stock ride height stock height ball joint in the bottom, a lower tall ball joint drops the ride height. What you want to do is to get the upper control arm point up instead of down. When the upper is point down the camber gains positive camber when that corner is under compression until it passes the middle of the arc before it gains any negative camber. You want the upper pointing up so when that corner is compressed you gain only negative camber which is what you want when cornering

• Agree
  • Informative
Reactions: 5 users

JAMCAR223

Royal Smart Person
Jun 6, 2014
Houston, TX.
Nice to meet Rigo today, and he was actually driving his Cutlass. Good to see it on the road.

Reactions: 4 users

Rigo’s87

Greasemonkey
Aug 31, 2019
Houston, Texas
if you want to maintain stock ride height stock height ball joint in the bottom, a lower tall ball joint drops the ride height. What you want to do is to get the upper control arm point up instead of down. When the upper is point down the camber gains positive camber when that corner is under compression until it passes the middle of the arc before it gains any negative camber. You want the upper pointing up so when that corner is compressed you gain only negative camber which is what you want when cornering

Thanks I’m going to order 2 tall for the uppers

Reactions: 1 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor