Anyone just keeping it stock to cruise around anymore?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hurst so good

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Oct 7, 2020
bone stock except for the mud flaps. Got rained on for the first time this past weekend..........FAIL!!!!

Attachments

• IMG_7199.jpg
    IMG_7199.jpg
    848 KB · Views: 76

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
bone stock except for the mud flaps. Got rained on for the first time this past weekend..........FAIL!!!!
Well, there you go. Now your t-top metal is all rusted out. All it takes it seems is one rainstorm to do it. :)

Hurst so good

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Oct 7, 2020
Well, there you go. Now your t-top metal is all rusted out. All it takes it seems is one rainstorm to do it. :)
LOL YUP. actually it has 15k on it and one one edge of the metal there is a hint of rust. have to take it off and fix before it creeps around the edge and you can see it

87National

G-Body Guru
Apr 15, 2009
eastern SD
I swapped a 4.8 ls with a mild cam and 4l60e into my 86 442. It dynoed at 300 whp (double what the 307 would have put down at the tires). I get 20-22 mpg on my daily commute (307 was in the high teens) and the cam gives it a nice aggressive exhaust note without being too obnoxious.

IMHO.......it is better now in every way compared to stock.

Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor