anyone put 4th gen camaro discs on a g-body rear?

Status
Not open for further replies.

megaladon6

Comic Book Super Hero
May 29, 2006
Danbury, CT
i have a complete set of parts from a 93-97 camaro 10 bolt rear, including the mounting brackets. will this just bolt up to my stock 7 5/8 rear? if not, what mods do i need?

Sep 1, 2006
Tampa Bay Area
Unfortunately, they will not just bolt up. The Camaro with discs uses the same flange as the 8.5 rear, not the 7.5 drum. The 7.5 drum axle uses an oddball 3 bolt flange with one giant bolt and 2 smaller ones while the Camaro uses a 4 bolt flange. OY umay be able to drill new holes in the G body rear if there is enough meat, or you may have to make an adapter plate. At worst, you will need to cut off the housing ends and weld the correct ones on.

megaladon6

Comic Book Super Hero
May 29, 2006
Danbury, CT
very cool. now i just have to see what the bolt spacing is on the calipers vs their brackets.

Tony_SS

Royal Smart Person
Oct 14, 2006
Missouri
I would lean toward the speedway kit. Thats the one I'm going with since you can lower rear with no issues. I plan on running 2" drop springs in the rear. Plus its all there and the price is right.

megaladon6

Comic Book Super Hero
May 29, 2006
Danbury, CT
unfortunately i already have the parts. i didn't know how much of an oddball the 7 5/8 axle was. so i just need to find a good bracket. or find some one to buy my parts. :)

ryanwitski

Master Mechanic
Nov 5, 2006
OH
hey if you want to get rid of that f body rear i'll take it! of even just the posi.

megaladon6

Comic Book Super Hero
May 29, 2006
Danbury, CT
i don't have the rear axle just the brakes. i'll double check but i think i paid $250. that's rotors, calipers, mounting plates, p-brake cables, and maybe backing plates and pads.

ryanwitski

Master Mechanic
Nov 5, 2006
OH
na, the brakes are not really what i wanted. i thought you bought the whole rear end. I'm looking for a posi for my one wheel peel.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor