Not open for further replies.

Ribbedroof

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Jan 4, 2009
Wellston, OK
The Soffseals on my wagon over there
<--------
aren't worth a damn. I'll be buying Metros to replace them. The one on the driver's door shows daylight through at about the striker. Yes, the door is properly aligned, and is not bent anywhere. They all leak dust into the car to some degree, the left front seems worst as it shows up all over the back of the door panel (I live on 2 miles of gravel road).

As a side note, it took 2 sets of rears to get 2 correct weatherstrips, the first set's Rt Rear was not even close to fitting, it was almost like the pins were installed with the wrong end of the seal forward

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
I don't know who makes those particular door seals, but I'm happy with my Metro seals. I bought mine thru Rock Auto.
I've heard too many negatives about Soff-seal.

Ribbedroof

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Jan 4, 2009
Wellston, OK
The ebay link is for Soffseals

zdeckich

Master Mechanic
Jun 23, 2013
Fort Worth, TX
Ahh ok, just dawned on me. I was thinking it was for the rear back wagon door. as in the tailgate. My bad.

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Ahh ok, just dawned on me. I was thinking it was for the rear back wagon door. as in the tailgate. My bad.
Like I just told another wagon member. You'll have to visit your favorite U-Pull yard and go thru the minivans. I usually suggest hatch seals from a Plymouth Voyager, or Dodge Caravan.
Brian ^^ mentioned using a seal from a Chevy Venture. No one repops the hatch seal, or the upper tailgate/ window seal, so you'll have to be resourceful and source one from one of these vehicles.

Reactions: 1 users

SSpev

Greasemonkey
Jan 9, 2017
Like I just told another wagon member. You'll have to visit your favorite U-Pull yard and go thru the minivans. I usually suggest hatch seals from a Plymouth Voyager, or Dodge Caravan.
I was one of them. $10 and looked new. just got it put on. looks like it should work. wait and see if the rain still gets in.
I think mine came from a town n country. Had about 18 inches left over.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor