Are LS guys Chevy guys?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Built6spdMCSS

Geezer
Jun 15, 2012
Florida Beach
I believe this is known as the stranger.
Tv Land Yes GIF by YoungerTV

ck80

Supporting Member
Feb 18, 2014
........but you don't.....that's the thing....a new member posts a thread inquiring about an ls swap.....3 members who have never accomplished an ls swap automatically jump in and tell the new member why it is a horrible idea.

I am glad someone else saw that...

New guy comes in:

Has an idea he wants to do and feels like checking it out

See, here's the difference.

Opinions are like a**holes. Everyone has one, you don't have to like them, but you've got to accept other people got em and they're not identical to yours.

So, yes, nothing at all wrong with giving BOTH SIDES to some who, didn't come in and say 'how do I do the ls swap' but instead posted hey, bought this car, someday maybe I'll think about an ls swap WITH A QUESTION MARK.

So yes, when someone says they're thinking about doing one it is NORMAL for opposing opinions and options to come in.

Someone says, hey, I'm thinking about tearing down the historic housing and building a pickleball court. Can't you say, no, don't, preserve it, that's a nice and unique building?

Apparently not in your worlds, because, God forbid, someone said something against an ls instead of saying hey, let's ls swap every vehicle and make it illegal to register a car without an ls engine.

Reactions: 1 user

87National

G-Body Guru
Apr 15, 2009
eastern SD
The only one crying victim is yourself in a ham-fisted way to discredit me. Its textbook reverse trolling. Also you are admitting the LS guys are so thin skinend that they easily triggered by clearly sh*t posts that thick skin people would ignore, thanks for proving me right.
LOL.....I've noticed, if anything.... a handful (not all) of the purists are the ones that are thin skinned.....ls swap guys like myself have gotten our start with traditional olds/sbc power....we respect them and are grateful for the opportunity to cut our teeth on them. Contrast that with those that are biased against what they have no experience with........the fear of the unknown translates to lashing out against those that have chosen the non-traditional path.

Reactions: 1 users

Clone TIE Pilot

Comic Book Super Hero
Aug 14, 2011
Galaxy far far away
........but you don't.....that's the thing....a new member posts a thread inquiring about an ls swap.....3 members who have never accomplished an ls swap automatically jump in and tell the new member why it is a horrible idea.

^you are one to exaggerate cost, complexity, downplay performance etc.... and even when corrected by those more knowledgeable than you......you continue to perpetuate the same old misinformation.

Not corrected, screamed at that I am wrong by providing rare anecdotal evidence of cheap LS engines and sloppy and reckless ad hoc installs that you guys are strangely proud of. Really, why handicap the amazing LS by imprisoning it into an outdated grandma car that could barely take 400 hp on a good day let alone after 40 years of rust damage? You should be telling people to run away from old cars and buy factory LS equipped modern cars which make a far better starting point for performance than a 80's granny car that even lacks ABS. You guys really enjoy in engaging in doublethink.

87National

G-Body Guru
Apr 15, 2009
eastern SD
See, here's the difference.

Opinions are like a**holes. Everyone has one, you don't have to like them, but you've got to accept other people got em and they're not identical to yours.

So, yes, nothing at all wrong with giving BOTH SIDES to some who, didn't come in and say 'how do I do the ls swap' but instead posted hey, bought this car, someday maybe I'll think about an ls swap WITH A QUESTION MARK.

So yes, when someone says they're thinking about doing one it is NORMAL for opposing opinions and options to come in.

Someone says, hey, I'm thinking about tearing down the historic housing and building a pickleball court. Can't you say, no, don't, preserve it, that's a nice and unique building?

Apparently not in your worlds, because, God forbid, someone said something against an ls instead of saying hey, let's ls swap every vehicle and make it illegal to register a car without an ls engine.
No one is advocating to surpress opposing opinions.....just don't make exaggerated, baseless claims like...... "you need to budget at least $10k for the swap"......or "a pullout ls cost a minimum of $2k". It gets tiring having to correct all that nonsense.

Clone TIE Pilot

Comic Book Super Hero
Aug 14, 2011
Galaxy far far away
LOL.....I've noticed, if anything.... a handful (not all) of the purists are the ones that are thin skinned.....ls swap guys like myself have gotten our start with traditional olds/sbc power....we respect them and are grateful for the opportunity to cut our teeth on them. Contrast that with those that are biased against what they have no experience with........the fear of the unknown translates to lashing out against those that have chosen the non-traditional path.

LOL Except I have a SBC swapped Regal, I am hardly a purist, you are projecting your prosecution complex again. Good you are grateful for cutting your teeth on old gens but many LS guys are anything but grateful to what came before them. Those are the LS guys I object to but you all stick together.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor