Assembly Manual?

Status
Not open for further replies.

oldsmobile joe

Royal Smart Person
Nov 12, 2015
mpls
yes, i know, this is the only year for cutlass. no monte"s. i don't know what to say. but it is full of useful info.

RegalBegal

G-Body Guru
Jul 10, 2009
Goldsboro, NC

83hurst#1812

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Sep 20, 2014
Spring,Tx
H\O84....as stated ,,those are the cars and concepts drawings and assembly manuals for the hurst olds conversion...After seeing your thread on your project,,i recommend getting them.. When i bought my 83 a few years ago i bought them all ...real good info for if and when you have to disassemble and reassemble...They have all the part #'s on them as well for all the little sh*t you could find yourself needing.

GP403

Administrator
Site Admin
Feb 25, 2005
Rolla, MO
Here ya go, These are CD's they cover all chassis including the G chassis. These are for 1984 but other years are availible. I have the 1986 Buick manuals myself. good info.

Those are helpful for sure, but I don't think they include the parts catalogs, which would have the drawings the OP is after. I do have a Pontiac CD I got several years ago with the 76-81 parts catalog PDF on it, and its incredibly awesome figuring out what parts go where, and what the correct parts actually are. For some reason that's the only one of those I've been able to find. I got it from a site like TAguy or something like that its been so long I don't recall now. The actual parts catalogs are several inches thick if you can find a physical copy.

Again, different from the service manuals.

84 W40

G-Body Guru
Dec 9, 2009
parts1.jpg
GP403 is correct about the diffrence between the service manual and the parts catalogs. I do have both and the parts catalog is going to be very close to an assembly manual. This is what a parts catalog pages look like.
parts2.jpg
parts2.jpg
parts4.jpg
parts5.jpg

Attachments

• parts3.jpg
    parts3.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 170

Ribbedroof

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Jan 4, 2009
Wellston, OK
An assembly manual is different than a chassis service manual, chassis overhaul manual or parts catalog in that it shows all the parts, in exploded view, with part numbers and correct orientation/installation layout, including things like torque spec and amount of sealer/grease, etc to use upon installation. A major aid if you buy a basket case, or failed to make good notes upon disassembly all those weeks/months/years ago

All 3 would be ideal, but as previously stated, not sure assembly manuals have been repro'd yet.

H/O84

Greasemonkey
Nov 29, 2016
An assembly manual would be a major help right now since my car has bags of bolts and bags of parts. I didn't disassemble it, so I'm stuck guessing and trying to figure out what bolts go where.

84 W40

G-Body Guru
Dec 9, 2009
H/O84 if you need help with your car I am willing to help you. I can take some detailed pics for you, my 84 is a low milage survivor car and there are other members that have the same. I worked on these cars back in the 80's at the dealer.

H/O84

Greasemonkey
Nov 29, 2016
Thanks guys. Ill be asking for pics later but for now I need to get it running and driving. I just saw those pages on ebay and was curious if anyone knew where to get the whole book. Ill be on the look out for the parts catalog, looks like it will be very helpful.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor