Assembly Manual?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
I have the parts catalog for my GP. It's so thick it's two books. When you are looking for a part, sometimes the part number is a big help.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user

83hurst#1812

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Sep 20, 2014
Spring,Tx
I would recommend you get :
The Chassis service manual
The Illustrated parts manual
The Electrical troubleshooting manual
The Fisher body manual
All of these manuals are still out there for sale,,and relatively inexpensive (10-20 bucks a piece),,except for the parts manual....for those,,people generally want around $100....I bought all mine off ebay ,except for parts manual,,which i bought off a member here..but saw those on ebay as well.

All these come in extremely handy to have for maint,,repair...I have all these for my 83..And use them frequently....Frequently, i just sit in the garage and drink beer with my car and read them to learn more.

Likewise, with what 84w40 told you......Mine is a low mile ,,all original survivor,,and i would gladly send you pics or give you any help i can,,on how something works or goes together....There are some differences in the 83 -84,,but not that many..
feel free to to send me a pm and i'll give you my phone # and other sh*t

Reactions: 1 user

1984 H/O Rocket

Not-quite-so-new-guy
May 7, 2017
H/O84 if you need help with your car I am willing to help you. I can take some detailed pics for you, my 84 is a low milage survivor car and there are other members that have the same. I worked on these cars back in the 80's at the dealer.

New to the forum. Have been searching in vain for '84 Cutlass factory assembly manual as well and there are none to be found as it probably has the image I need. While doing some engine-compartment cleaning and conduit replacement I made the very dumb mistake of removing the molded plastic t-shape wire conduit bundle router (marked 2-3-4 in the plastic) without tagging the the three conduit bundles it goes on. Cannot recall which three it goes on and need an image of the wire routing at the rear of the engine compartment. Would you have a detailed image depicting it's location?

Dave

Ribbedroof

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Jan 4, 2009
Wellston, OK
Some of the original factory chassis/service manuals have drawings of some of he harnesses and their routing...at least the chevrolet ones that I have do

1984 H/O Rocket

Not-quite-so-new-guy
May 7, 2017
Some of the original factory chassis/service manuals have drawings of some of he harnesses and their routing...at least the chevrolet ones that I have do

Have the '84 Oldsmobile Chassis Service and '84 Fisher Body Service Manuals covering the G-Bodies but no joy on wire routing for under-hood which blows me away. Must have sucked for the dealer techs back in the '80's on major R&R jobs unless they walked out on the lot to look at the new ones to see where things went.

Factory assembly manual is the only place left to look or someone with a close-up photograph to share. Lesson learned is that nothing is to be removed without the location being labeled.

Nice to know that Chevy was smarter than Olds in the details.

Thanks.
Dave

1984 H/O Rocket

Not-quite-so-new-guy
May 7, 2017

Have the '84 Oldsmobile Chassis Service and '84 Fisher Body Service Manuals covering the G-Bodies but no joy on wire routing for under-hood which blows me away. Must have sucked for the dealer techs back in the '80's on major R&R jobs unless they walked out on the lot to look at the new ones to see where things went.

Factory assembly manual is the only place left to look or someone with a close-up photograph to share. Lesson learned is that nothing is to be removed without the location being labeled.

Nice to know that Chevy was smarter than Olds in the details.

Thanks.
Dave

Also have the GM Oldsmobile Parts Illustration and Numbers Catalog Books for the car which are huge but do not show electrical which is odd as well unless GM had separate electrical systems parts catalogs back then.

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
New to the forum. Have been searching in vain for '84 Cutlass factory assembly manual as well and there are none to be found as it probably has the image I need. While doing some engine-compartment cleaning and conduit replacement I made the very dumb mistake of removing the molded plastic t-shape wire conduit bundle router (marked 2-3-4 in the plastic) without tagging the the three conduit bundles it goes on. Cannot recall which three it goes on and need an image of the wire routing at the rear of the engine compartment. Would you have a detailed image depicting it's location?

Dave
There are some members on here with survivor cars that are very original. Hopefully they can help you. Start a conversation with Erik (83Hurst#1812)
https://gbodyforum.com/members/83hurst-1812.20151/

H/O84

Greasemonkey
Nov 29, 2016
I picked up the 84 olds service manual for $30 at a swap meet its really helpful. The Chilton's book has a good amount of wiring diagrams in it. I used that to chase down a problem I was having with the wiring for my rear lights

1984 H/O Rocket

Not-quite-so-new-guy
May 7, 2017
I picked up the 84 olds service manual for $30 at a swap meet its really helpful. The Chilton's book has a good amount of wiring diagrams in it. I used that to chase down a problem I was having with the wiring for my rear lights

Roger..thanks. Have the Olds '84 Chassis Service and Fisher Body Manuals which are very good but have no depictions of under-hood wiring routing which does not make sense. The factory assembly manual is probably the only document with illustrations them and they are unavailable for some unknown reason.

H/O84

Greasemonkey
Nov 29, 2016
I'm not sure what part you are trying put back together if you want to send me a pic of it or tell me what it is I'll take a pic of it on my car and send it to you

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor