Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
Reactions: 1 user

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
Whoa! Friggin' whoa!!!! Very confusing.

Rktpwrd actually needs the 20062590 part. (it also shows this for 1982 G-body as CA1 or CF5).

Reason I say this is CO4 is actually the vinyl roof option for the 2 door Cutlass. The stupid parts book doesn't mention this at all, and I just realized that something didn't look right. I verified that CO9 is the FULL vinyl roof option.

Never mind!!!

Reactions: 1 users

Rktpwrd

Builder of Cool Shjt
Supporting Member
Feb 2, 2015
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Starting to get confused now...
Is the one Jared posted the one I need or not? It looks like it is, but after already buying an aftermarket seal that was too dense, I’m hesitant to go down that road again...

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
Sorry for the confusion. It's not an exact science, these old parts books. I'm not sure about Tamraz's interpretation of the parts book applications.

A more interesting part of this is the 82-88 G-body application says the 20162930 says it fits HSG. This is getting real strange.

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
Hmm....has to be a parts book FUGG UP. Isn't that sweet? It seems Tamraz's info is good.

The A-body parts book illustration shows Part #15 and part #5 (with CA1 and CO9) is 20162930. THIS IS WRONG for part #5!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The housing seal, or drip pan seal to the roof is 20162930. Golly good gosh darn! I hate parts books when they're wrong.

78-81 A body sliding sunroof partsbook.jpg

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
If you got a Cutlass 2 door G-body 78-88, you shouldn't have to worry about a full vinyl roof option and your panel seal should be 20062590. Period.

I apologize for all this confusion. If they were smart they'd have made all roof options CC1. THOSE things I know about. These slip and slides? Not so much.

Reactions: 2 users

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
I wonder if you could return the Tamraz's parts if they don't fit the way you want them to? Or if you get them, could you return them if you see they're the same density as the one you got?

I've always had issues with most of the aftermarket weatherstrips. Most of them. Not all. I can't recall which ones I used on the 71, but the trunk seals were jam up. Not so much the door seals though. Luckily at the time, new GM ones were still available so I went with those. GM stuff just fits better. Hands down.

• Agree

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
I'm left to wonder how many different companies are a manufacturing this seal? I'm wondering if everyone is selling the same thing. Donovan, I saw that The Parts Place is selling the seal as well. Did Turbo Buicks come with this sunroof or is it just a Cutlass deal?

fleming442

Captain Tenneal
Dec 26, 2013
I'm left to wonder how many different companies are a manufacturing this seal? I'm wondering if everyone is selling the same thing. Donovan, I saw that The Parts Place is selling the seal as well. Did Turbo Buicks come with this sunroof or is it just a Cutlass deal?
I doubt there's too many manus reproducing these...

• Agree

Rktpwrd

Builder of Cool Shjt
Supporting Member
Feb 2, 2015
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Did Turbo Buicks come with this sunroof or is it just a Cutlass deal?

I believe they did. When I first started researching AstroRoofs, I came across a post on one of the GN sites outlining seal replacement. But it was on a glass panelled car, and not the same as mine.

I doubt there's too many manus reproducing these...

Likely not Bruce. I’ve come across a half dozen or so distributors selling the aftermarket seals, but I suspect they’re all the same part/piece and made by only one manufacturer. That’s why I’m hesitant to drop another bundle of $$$ on another aftermarket seal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor