REGAL Attention!! Sound/Radio Guys...

Status
Not open for further replies.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
If you just got it rebuilt I would not open the radio, if you do and you end up sending it back they may void any warranty that you have. Are you using the same harness on the old radio and this new radio or do you have an adapter to use with the new radio?

MrSony

Geezer
Nov 15, 2014
Des Moines, Iowa
Same harness, same plugs, same everything. I took it back (with my car, to show the tech what the speaker was doing) and he took it back and is currently working on it. Either way, he's gonna keep fixing it until it works. For free.

Reactions: 1 user

MrSony

Geezer
Nov 15, 2014
Des Moines, Iowa
It's good that the guy is local, I thought you had to send it out.
Yeah. It's a lil place downtown, been around since '58. One would think they would've gotten it right the 1st time, considering they literally were around for the entire run of these1.5 din delco radios.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
Yeah. It's a lil place downtown, been around since '58. One would think they would've gotten it right the 1st time, considering they literally were around for the entire run of these1.5 din delco radios.

"I assume the jackasses would've fixed that." this implies you did not mention this problem when you brought it in, so if they charged you for fixing something you didn't know was broken maybe you'd think they were scamming you.

and I would be nice to them, not many shops that will even look at older radios anymore...

Last edited:

MrSony

Geezer
Nov 15, 2014
Des Moines, Iowa
"I assume the jackasses would've fixed that." this implies you did not mention this problem when you brought it in, so if they charged you for fixing something you didn't know was broken maybe you'd think they were scamming you.

and I would be nice to them, not many shops that will even look at older radios anymore...
No, I told them everything that was wrong. No right channel, tape player is very quiet and slow, sometimes there is a scratchy sound when changing volume. They didn't even clean the acid off the circuit board. It's whatever. As long, as said, it gets fixed for free. I aint paying another dime for something that should've been done right from the get go.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor