ATTENTION to detail

Status
Not open for further replies.
While I make a lot stuff for my cars that is usually one of I also make a lot of aluminum brackets etc and polish them along with making a crapload of steel braided hoses for my engines. Most of the true attention to detail is actually inside the engines.

My 565 BBC in the Monte
IMG_1477.JPG

My 355 SBC in my Regal

20190707_191602-1_resized.jpg

My new AC compressor set up for the Monte.

20200106_164221-1_resized.jpg

All beautiful work guys. I’m not going to post any pics as everything I’ve done is either unfinished or has twenty years and plenty of miles on it. I did a TPI swap in my El Camino back in the 90s and color matched the intake and valve covers to the car. It is a mix of Corvette TPI and Camaro serpentine system. It was nicely detailed but not show car quality. It was my daily driver after all. I also put a in Grand Prix dash with a full compliment of Auto Meter gauges that turned out nicely, but I never got the console installed, so the B & M Hammer shifter is just mounted to fabricated stands on the floor to raise it up to the height of the console. I never seem to actually finish everything. I am hoping that moving and building a new shop will help with that. I do less to my cars now than I did before I built my garage 14 years ago.

i find it fascinating how our hobby has progressed in such a short time. Thirty years ago I pulled the body off of my ‘76 Malibu Classic. That was unheard of for a home project back then. It was hardly ever done for a professional restoration. Now it is no big deal for almost any project. Now DIY guys are doing things that were left only for professionals just 15-20 years ago. And home restorers and fabricators have equipment in their shops that were unheard of for non-professional shops back in the day. The decals in the previous post are a great example of that. Keep up the great work guys and keep the pictures coming.

I sometimes hobby-grade restoration specific decals for folks. I'm no professional. There's nobody out there I'm aware of, except maybe ECS, that makes really great, specific repros for our cars, and nobody makes the correct underhood emission decals.

Did a silver (NOT gold) emission decal for someone restoring a 79 Chevy truck. His got all mottled and torn over the years. The repros out there weren't correct. Imagine that.

Original-

View attachment 135518

And what I did for him below. He was very pleased with the final product and that was a few years ago. That made me feel pretty good. He came back later and wanted a visor decal for 4x4 operation, and an underhood jacking decal. His gripe about the commercially available decals was they were paper decals and would dissolve in no time. My shiit is made from polyester with laser printing and it's VERY water resistant. Nobody's complained yet. The mystery decals were bonus personalized decals I made for his shop that he owns.

View attachment 135519

View attachment 135520

And I do them for myself too for my 85 and 87 442.

85 Catalytic converter decal. Sticks right on the heat grille.
View attachment 135526

And for the 87, I dabbled in making new underhood decals and window stickers. Here's some prototypes I made.

View attachment 135521

And here's something that's just cool to share. My 87 still had the original, but cruddy, distributor cap paper decal barely hanging on it when I bought it so I made a new one. This is the one that's stuck on the cap itself, not the barcode on top of the coil cover. Anyone ever seen an original distributor cap decal before? They're rare to find because they're gone after the first tune-up.

View attachment 135528

Those are awesome!

I sometimes hobby-grade restoration specific decals for folks. I'm no professional. There's nobody out there I'm aware of, except maybe ECS, that makes really great, specific repros for our cars, and nobody makes the correct underhood emission decals.

Did a silver (NOT gold) emission decal for someone restoring a 79 Chevy truck. His got all mottled and torn over the years. The repros out there weren't correct. Imagine that.

Original-

View attachment 135518

And what I did for him below. He was very pleased with the final product and that was a few years ago. That made me feel pretty good. He came back later and wanted a visor decal for 4x4 operation, and an underhood jacking decal. His gripe about the commercially available decals was they were paper decals and would dissolve in no time. My shiit is made from polyester with laser printing and it's VERY water resistant. Nobody's complained yet. The mystery decals were bonus personalized decals I made for his shop that he owns.

View attachment 135519

View attachment 135520

And I do them for myself too for my 85 and 87 442.

85 Catalytic converter decal. Sticks right on the heat grille.
View attachment 135526

And for the 87, I dabbled in making new underhood decals and window stickers. Here's some prototypes I made.

View attachment 135521

And here's something that's just cool to share. My 87 still had the original, but cruddy, distributor cap paper decal barely hanging on it when I bought it so I made a new one. This is the one that's stuck on the cap itself, not the barcode on top of the coil cover. Anyone ever seen an original distributor cap decal before? They're rare to find because they're gone after the first tune-up.

View attachment 135528

Would I be able to get you to make me an emission decal for my 84 Hurst/Olds?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor